Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AirVenture 2018 App

AirVenture 2018 App

Is it too early to start asking about it? Or too late? I assume Hal's been working on it in the background all along, but I'd like to add my vote on an issue I've seen people have had for several years, synching an itinerary built on the web site to the app. It is a lot easier to set it up on a computer than on a phone, (especially if you wear bifocals as thick as mine.)

Also, an suggestion I've made several times over the years since the schedule was first put on the net, is marking the forums that were repeated at another time. Back in the days before internet when all you got was the printed booklet, the forums that were given more than once had an asterick next to the listing, so if you were trying to decide between two at the same time, you could attend the one that wasn't marked. but the asterick has never been transferred to the computer. At the very least, list the multiple times in the detailed description. As it has been, each instance of a repeated forum links to its own individual description, and only has the one time in it.

Thanks for working on it, Hal.
    Dave

EAA Staff / Moderator Hal Bryan's Avatar
    Hi Dave -

Thanks for the kind words. I actually haven't been working on the app for the past few years, since I moved to my current role in Publications. I know that work is well under way for this year's version, but don't know much about the feature set. I'll be sure to pass your feedback along!

Best -

Hal

Hal Bryan
    EAA Lifetime 638979
    Vintage 714005 | Warbirds 553527
    Managing Editor
    EAA—The Spirit of Aviation

Hal,

Thanks for the reply. I thought I had read that it was you that had built the new app last year after Sporty's dropped it. Must be my memory playing tricks on me again. Anyway, thanks for passing it on to whoever is in charge.

Dave

It's now available in the Play and App (isn't it sad that the world doesn't have time to say lication any more?) Stores.
    I haven't looked it it much yet since there seems to not have all the data loaded yet.
    I did see the T&C's require you to be at least 18 years old. There must be some adult material in there that I haven't found yet.

Of course it is not fully populated yet. Nonetheless, it looks like a significant improvement over last year's version. I am looking forward to using it.

Did anyone here actually read the user agreement? I did. It is actually written in plain English -- not lawyer-ese. (Except for the part near then end in all caps. That part is pure lawyer speak.) It was a delightful surprise.
    Chris Mayer
    N424AF
    www.o2cricket.com

Quick question regarding the app - does anyone know whether it's possible to sync it with my EAA on-line account so that it automatically downloads the itinerary (forums, etc) that I created using the Airventure website?

Thnx

I don't see why I need any app.
    Can I simply check the Airventure website schedule each morning for any daily updates or changes?

Nope. I can't find the link where it says that (probably on the forum here somewhere too), but you just have to sync by hand.

EAA Staff / Moderator
    Hi there,
    Unfortunately, the EAA App schedule does not sync to the online schedule you may have created under “My Itinerary” on the EAA Website. We are looking into that functionality for next year. Until then you will need to recreate you schedule on the app and all of your favorited items can be found under the “My EAA” section.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Berson View Post
    I don't see why I need any app. Can I simply check the Airventure website schedule each morning for any daily updates or changes?
    Bill, I agree with you. I check the website ahead of time and use it to make up a schedule using the "pencil and paper" method, then check the website every day during Airventure for any updates. An app is not necessary for me, and I don't have a device that could run it any way.