I have been looking at an American Aircraft Falcon (1992 is written on several parts, so guessing that is the age), for which the seller is asking $2500. It is in beautiful cosmetic condition, though the wings need to be recovered (which I have never done!). Appears to be good mechanically--engine has not been run in a while but everything has been stored indoors and the engine treated with fogging oil (it turns over smoothly and has good compression, though obviously needs new fuel lines and I would assume a new belt and a complete carburetor cleaning/rebuild, perhaps more.

No formal background in fixing airplanes but a long mechanical background, especially anything with an engine on it. I can't find a scratch on the airplane. It has been cared for even in storage.

So...I know I am going to have to put a fair amount of time and money into it--quite possibly as much as the original purchase price. Does anybody have any thoughts on the price? There is no hour meter on the aircraft so....no idea there. The muffler does not look as if the engine (Rotax 277) has been run a lot.

I've wanted to get into ultralights for a very long time....this seems like a reasonably priced way of doing it. Does anyone have any thoughts? Owner is a helicopter pilot who is at the "too many projects" stage of life. He was very good at pointing out details on the components, particularly those that are in need of attention.