Thread: Flying In

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Sometimes when the North 40 is full, ATC won't let folks in, even if they're going to park at Vintage. Last year, ATC wouldn't let her land so she went to Fond-du-Lac, then flew into OSH the next day.

If the taxiways get jammed up because one of the runways close (crash or some demon going on), they will shut down arrivals without regard to what space is available. I ended up getting stuck up an at Neenah becaues there wasn't enough time to clear out the backlog after the airport was closed for a bit before they closed it again for the airshow.

So I ended up not flying in last year but this year I'm just about all set! Any suggestions for food? A cooler and grill would be ideal but not sure I'll have the room for it. Also I was looking at the grounds map, am I missing something or are there no showers near vintage camping?

There are showers, though, they are having problems. One trailer is missing from the north end of Vintage. The one at the south end is backing up through the drains. I don't know if the EAA has cheaped out at the expense of the campers, volunteers, and workers, or if Pit Stop (the toilet contractor) is fallign down, but this is the WORST year I've seen. Up until a couple of days ago, there weren't any toilets open south of show center.

How bad is vintage right now? I see they are the only ones not accepting aircraft at the moment.