June was a busy month and other than the trip to pick up the cowl, no work on the N17. I have since completed the bracket attachments on the upper wing ribs. I then moved on to forming the lower wing ribs.

Before starting on the lower ribs, I had to test the fit of my propeller to the engine hub. Nice.

Name:  m_DSC05138.jpg
Views: 2278
Size:  54.8 KB

Then on to the lower ribs. Since I changed the profile (thinner) I had to fiddle with the bend of the upper ribs as I could not find a single bend on the fixture that would do what I wanted. A little tweaking of each part was required. But they came out nice.

Name:  m_DSC05137.jpg
Views: 1939
Size:  79.4 KB

Then to cut the shape on the nose.

Name:  m_IMG_20160709_125431_783.jpg
Views: 1929
Size:  46.1 KB

Name:  m_IMG_20160709_125453_083.jpg
Views: 1904
Size:  72.2 KB

Name:  m_DSC05143.jpg
Views: 1866
Size:  69.0 KB

Then I built the fixtures for attaching the brackets that tie the ribs to the spars. At this point I have not cut the tails of the ribs.

Name:  m_DSC05146.jpg
Views: 2011
Size:  32.6 KB

Today is office work day again, so little or no work today.

I need to set up the drill fixture to cut the tails to fit 1/2" tubing. Also I have not yet made the L brackets, so I have to do that next. Then I will attach one set of brackets and check it against the actual spars for correct spacing before attaching the remainder.

Dale