Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Memorial Wall Honoring those lost traveling to and from OshKosh

how does the old saying go? "if you crash in bad weather, they'll be picking up the pieces the next day in the sunshine"

Banned
    There's another old saying: You can't teach common sense and good judgement.

Something else. The sport pilot certificated pilot was flying at night. Seems silly to add this to the pile but he broke the sport pilot regs. SP's are prohibited from flying at night.

If you want an eye opener, visit the ntsb website:

https://www.ntsb.gov/_layouts/ntsb.aviation/index.aspx

And in the "event details" section, enter "oshkosh " in the word string search. Starting with January 1, 2007 and ending on today's date yielded 62 results from all over the country and even one in Switzerland. This includes fatal and non-fatal accidents....
    Last edited by Kurt Flunkn; 08-08-2017 at 01:39 AM.

Reminds me of the old science fiction movie "Moon Zero Two". It's set on the moon, and is basically a western. There's a memorial plaque listing the names of those who died exploring and settling the moon, but they put it in the pilot's lounge to keep from scaring the tourists.....

Ron "Smells like ordinary air...."Wanttaja

Night. IMC. Sport pilot. Nothing more should need to be said and travel to OSH should not be an issue.

That said, I did many things as a young and inexperienced pilot that I would never think about doing now. (Well, I might THINK about doing it.) Sort of like when I teach a pilot safety course and list stupid things pilots have done. I say to the assembled aviators "I am sure that none of you would ever do such things and I can assure you that I would never do that...again."
    Chris Mayer
    N424AF
    www.o2cricket.com