Quote Originally Posted by RickFE View Post
I notice others have RV's in GAC too. Didn't ask but thought they probably felt the same way I did.
I also saw several RVs and other homebuilts in GAC. Didn't try to approach them and ask why they decided to park there. Maybe next year I'll ask.

One thing that did strike me about VAC though was that it seemed more tree lined in some areas and a bit more scenic in some ways.
The problem is Rick those areas are always reserved either for groups (the Spartans, Ercoupes, Swifts, etc.) or are already paid up spots like I've had done for me in Camp Scholler. You'll need to be there by Tuesday or Wednesday before the show to try and claim one of those nice spots.

P.S. I definitely liked the shower house facility at the N40. I have always made it in on a Saturday and have been pretty close to it. Very clean and well kept.
My first trip to Oshkosh was in 1987, I believe the red shower in the N40 was nearly new then as GAC was pushed west by the expansion of warbirds. IIRC the shower house in warbirds was just east of the beginning of GAC back then. The "taj mah shower" is excellent. They just need a couple of those down on the south end, along with a camp store!