Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Serial Number/Activation Code Confusion

Serial Number/Activation Code Confusion

I have registered and gotten as far as the SW 2016 installation manager. I need a 24 digit serial number to request the download. Where/how do I get a serial number. I understand I will get an activation code (also 24 digit?) at some point by email. Will this be after the download? My email address is att.net, but it comes through yahoo mail. Is this also going to present problems? Something is not registering with me, and if someone can enlighten me, I would very much appreciate the help. Thank you--Ed T

Quote Originally Posted by Ed T View Post
    I have registered and gotten as far as the SW 2016 installation manager. I need a 24 digit serial number to request the download. Where/how do I get a serial number. I understand I will get an activation code (also 24 digit?) at some point by email. Will this be after the download? My email address is att.net, but it comes through yahoo mail. Is this also going to present problems? Something is not registering with me, and if someone can enlighten me, I would very much appreciate the help. Thank you--Ed T
    Yes. Yahoo mail seems to have issues with SOLIDWORKS emails. I would speculate that SOLIDWORKS was marked as spam by Yahoo and is filtered before delivery to all Yahoo mail accounts. Try Gmail, but check your spam folder.

Quote Originally Posted by Cory Puuri View Post
    Yes. Yahoo mail seems to have issues with SOLIDWORKS emails. I would speculate that SOLIDWORKS was marked as spam by Yahoo and is filtered before delivery to all Yahoo mail accounts. Try Gmail, but check your spam folder.

My serial number email went to my Gmail spam folder as well.

SOLIDWORKS Support Volunteer
    I am using Comcast.net for my email, and have gotten nada through there. Waited an hour now... Any thoughts on how to get serial number, etc?

Billski

Check your spam filter/folder.

Quote Originally Posted by krw920 View Post
    Check your spam filter/folder.
    I did and the spam folder is EMPTY. When I try to start over, the page changes over to telling me I will have a serial number soon. I will check it again in the AM. Whether it works or not, I will report back with results...

Bill SImpson

Still no joy. Filters are off and nothing came in anywhere. Anybody know who we talk to EAA HQ or at SW?

No joy for me either. It didn't go to spam, as far as I know it just didn't go. It's been days now.

-- Paul Sedlacek

Quote Originally Posted by wsimpso1 View Post
    I did and the spam folder is EMPTY. When I try to start over, the page changes over to telling me I will have a serial number soon. I will check it again in the AM. Whether it works or not, I will report back with results...

Bill SImpson
    Cory served as the conduit for my SN, and it works. Now I am looking for how to get Simulation running. Anybody know how we get that up and running?

Quote Originally Posted by wsimpso1 View Post
    Cory served as the conduit for my SN, and it works. Now I am looking for how to get Simulation running. Anybody know how we get that up and running?

Simulation is not part of the Student Design Kit which equates to SolidWorks Standard. SolidWorks Simulation Xpress is included. Not the full blown Simulation package.

http://www.solidworks.com/sw/product...s-standard.htm