Quote Originally Posted by cwilliamrose View Post
I am not looking to share this model but several of us do share common stuff -- AN hardware, etc and the link to the library is on the Biplane Forum website. Anyway, the image below is of a Pitts project I started many years ago and will finally be putting on the front burner. This model started out as simply the aileron control system and I was looking to modify the geometry to eliminate the differential travel. I'm using different ailerons so a lot of things changed and the goal for me was to evaluate what the travels would be with stock or near-stock components and then change the bellcrank angle to get identical travels up and down. The aileron system model progressed into also looking at my elevator trim system,,,, then a full fuselage (modeled as-built since it pre-dates Solidworks) with wings. I started this model in June 2013.

I'm working with an engineer on my aileron design and we communicate via email with Solidworks models. Makes life much easier for both of us!

I have been a Solidworks user since 1998 and I see this as a tool to confirm that all the parts will play together nicely. I hope to avoid building multiple versions of parts only to find out I didn't think of all the downstream effects of my changes. The scrap pile should be smaller and pixels are much cheaper than aircraft materials. Beyond that I design the jigs and fixtures used to make some of the parts and some of those have already been built.

Name:  BR Complete Assy1 5-1-15.jpg
Views: 11128
Size:  95.3 KB

Very nice looking model cwilliamrose....