Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: 2016 AirVenture Webcam Feeds

Some where in the South Pacific,I also do Flyovers for the Green Bay Packers Home Games,GO PacK GO!!
    Todd,

I'm curious to what was the issue with the Vintage Central Webcam earlier in the week?
    I believe you thought it was hit by lighting or a power supply failure.

My overall satisfaction with the new system was that it functioned very good.
    And it provided many hours of pleasurable viewing.

The only problem not related to EAA Streaming Media is how to stop AirVenture attendees from
    accidentally pushing the transmit button on their Transceivers creating stuck mic problems during the Airshow or (anytime).

Thanks,
    Wrong

Bonus Webcam Balloon Screenshots below.
    2nd picture shows they launched (see basket upper left)

Name:  av16 ballons saturday.jpg
Views: 618
Size:  82.1 KB

Name:  av16 ballons 2 saturday.jpg
Views: 590
Size:  62.6 KB
    Last edited by Wrongway Feldman; 08-04-2016 at 10:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrongway Feldman View Post
    Todd,

I'm curious to what was the issue with the Vintage Central Webcam earlier in the week?
    I believe you thought it was hit by lighting or a power supply failure.

My overall satisfaction with the new system was that it functioned very good.
    And it provided many hours of pleasurable viewing.

The only problem not related to EAA Streaming Media is how to stop AirVenture attendees from
    accidentally pushing the transmit button on their Transceivers creating stuck mic problems during the Airshow or (anytime).

Thanks,
    Wrong

Bonus Webcam Balloon Screenshots below.
    2nd picture shows they launched (see basket upper left)
    I would say we had an electrical surge that took out the power supply and luckily did not take out the camera.

As you probably know the Vintage camera is still in the air and streaming what it can of the teardown. We still have not been able to remote into the camera to control it, once the tower is down and we can get the camera off the tower, they will come home and get cleaned up for storage. At that time I will also test the connections and controls when it is on the local network.

Nice capture of the balloons.

Todd

^Can't watch that, too sad. Looking forward to next year!

They took it down today. Kind of neat to watch them lower it to the ground. Once there, it faithfully recorded the Vintage entrance and the grass. Then finally, it looked one last time up towards the sky and with a sigh, knowing that it had faithfully done its job, went to sleep.

Thanks for the great work Todd. Saw the tower being lowered down today. �� Well, from the cameras perspective! Oh well, onward to OSH17!. Always seem to go through withdrawal after a great week at Oshkosh. The camera brings back the memories even though stuff is being torn down!

Quote Originally Posted by mcdewey View Post
    They took it down today. Kind of neat to watch them lower it to the ground. Once there, it faithfully recorded the Vintage entrance and the grass. Then finally, it looked one last time up towards the sky and with a sigh, knowing that it had faithfully done its job, went to sleep.
    I did not see the tower laid to rest this morning, but did see the camera pointing at the Vintage buildings and then looking skyward before I shut the feed down. Most likely I will take a trip this weekend up there to recover the rest of the equipment. And then in just a few short months, start the planning for next years great event. Until next year, there is lots of video on YouTube and Livestream to get us through the withdrawals.

Todd

Well really, enough can never be said about Todd and the crew, and their dedication to excellence in providing this service. For volunteers, I repeat, VOLUNTEERS, to take on this challenge and give, I repeat, GIVE their time, their effort, even a lot of their perspiration I am sure, so that others are able to enjoy AirVenture remotely, is really something special. And I am sure I speak not only for myself, but for a plethora of other EAA members who greatly appreciate this as well.

Every year, I see improvements to the whole program. However, this year especially, there were many really wonderful improvements and/or changes, which I have already outlined in a previous post. For those of us who cannot attend, watching through this provided webcam service, along with EAA Radio, and LiveATC, it almost transforms us on to the AirVenture site at Oshkosh itself, almost as if we were literally there.

I honestly cannot express my gratitude for this enough. By volunteering a week of your time, you give me and others like me a week in OUR time to enjoy this event and relive numerous wonderful memories that we would otherwise not be able to enjoy. So I thank you for giving me this week of yourselves for my enjoyment. This truly is altruism on display.

Merely saying thanks just doesn't seem to be enough, but

Thanks,
    Russ

Russ Zimmerman
    EAA Member #292524
    "Thanks Paul"