Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 40 Days!

Quote Originally Posted by keen9 View Post
    Those of us who aren't retired only get to arrive one day early!
    I will arrive one day early, because we are visiting From Argentina! Departing at July 22 😄

I gotta put my two cents in here about Camp Schoeller. I just got back home (Yooper) from going to stake my claim to a site there. Will be going back before Airventure starts. I noticed all the new power/water/sewer sites. I was told 125 new sites. IMHO, looks like in the future, all us poor folk that tent camp are gonna have to set up near the highway 41. More to come next year ?? I guess EAA needs the money.

Bill L

Is that the gate at the Hilton?

When Jack Pelton took over I thought the EAA was going to think about the grass roots members. Now you Have to be a lottery winner to afford camping. With premium camping taking more and more of Camp Scholler us peons must arrive earlier and earlier to get a good spot. As the years go by my health does not permit me to be so far back. Many in our group are in the same boat so it seems they don't care about us unless we have money. I guess they have to pay for 3EB that many of us could care less about.

One other issue is campers taking up way more real estate than they need. I saw a circle of rv's last year with enough space in between them to play arena football.

20 days, kids and I are looking forward to this years show!

Trying to figure out green tram routing on new map. Is it running through the camp ground around the fence or inside the fence ? And where does it turn around ?

Skyfixer, I went and looked at the 2015 and new 2016 Camp Scholler Maps. I too am a poor tent camper so I was concerned. It looks to me that the new Water/Electric sites fill in the gap between the previous water/electric sites which were 24 hour generator areas already. There were really no tent camping there in the past anyway. They did not expand the generator areas either. If they eventually want to make all of the 24 hour generator areas full hookup and charge more that is fine by me, less generator noise I think there are many people asking for full hookups. As long as they do not start going east of Doolittle which is tent camping heaven, I am ok with what they are doing.

The Green tram is the one that runs from the control tower, to the bus park, and then to the fly market. At least that is what the newest map I can find says. It is labeled 2015, did you get a printed 2016 map in your camping package that is different than what is on the web?

Glider, I brought up the new map on here under Airventure section.and also it shows on new app I loaded to I phone. Both hard to see where lines go.

Some where in the South Pacific,I also do Flyovers for the Green Bay Packers Home Games,GO PacK GO!!
    glider90,

You are partially correct.
    The Green tram route is from the control tower to the bus park and back.
    The Green tram is the only tram that exits and enters a AirVenture grounds gate.
    The 2015 grounds map uses a darker green line to indicate the Green tram route.
    The 2015 grounds map uses a lighter green line to indicate the camp Scholler bus route.
    (Check AirVenture Transportation Key) on 2015 grounds map.
    I do not know where the camp Scholler bus drop off and pickup locations are.
    The above info is based on the 2015 grounds map.
    This is how they have been doing it in the past.
    We will not know for sure until the 2016 grounds map becomes available.

Buses are used outside of the AirVenture grounds.
    Excerpt from 2016 Camping Guide.
    BUSES & SHUTTLES
    Buses circulate throughout Camp Scholler on Saturday,
    July 23, through Saturday, July 30, from 6:15 a.m. to
    midnight and on Sunday, July 31. Shuttles to off-site
    locations are available at the West Camp Store (corner of
    Stits Road and Schaick Avenue in Camp Scholler), at the
    North 40 near the Hilton Gate, and at the Bus Park on the
    AirVenture grounds (north of the Main Gate, near
    Waukau Avenue).
    Link to 2016 Camping Guide