Thread: aircraft parking versus camping and fees

aircraft parking versus camping and fees

My husband and a friend would like to fly into EAA this year and have me pull a trailer down to stay in at Camp Scholler. The question is two fold. Where do they have you park your airplane if not airplane camping and is there a charge? We tried calling EAA and they said we had to pay the fee for airplane camping even if we did not camp. That means we would have a camping fee for parking the airplane and camping in a trailer at camp Scholler. Does anyone know if this is the case? Thanks

There is no fee to just park. Where you'd park depends partly on your aircraft type (experimental, vintage, warbird, or standard category) and partly on your preference as some aircraft can park in multiple areas.
    Todd “I drink and know things” Stovall
    PP ASEL - IA
    RV-10 N728TT - Flying
    EAA Lifetime Member
    WAR DAMN EAGLE!

Airplane is a Cherokee 6

It's easy. Let your husband drag the trailer to Scholler. Park the airplane where it belongs and, trust me, some good natured volunteer will load you and your gear on a Gator or cart and deliver you to Husband's campsite in Scholler.

You got some bad info. There is no charge to park your airplane at Oshkosh if you are not camping with it. You will most likely be parked in the North 40 area along runway 9/27. If your Cherokee qualifies as Vintage than you could park in that area, much closer to the action.
    Jeff Point
    RV-6 and RLU-1 built & flying
    Tech Counselor, Flight Advisor & President, EAA Chapter 18
    Milwaukee, WI
    "It All Started Here!"