Page 47 of 75 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast

Thread: Young Eagles and Background Security Checks

The only way to eliminate all risk with the Young Eagles program is to make it go away, yep looks like they are well on their way to eliminating the risk !!!!!!. I will call this what it is " Politically Correct BS ". And I for one am completely sick of it. I have no problem with education and awareness training , the background checks are another matter entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by rwanttaja View Post
    Oh, if the EAA was worried about that, we'd see more emphasis on production aircraft, and expensive TSO'd avionics, and....

Geeze. Wait a minute. :-)

Your point is perfectly valid, and one must assume there's been SOME thought given to risk control at national. They must have put SOME thought into where they might need additional protection, or whether they can continue as they have been. One factor: juries are likely to be less sympathetic to a guy killed flying a "home-made" airplane, than an abused eight-year-old.

Ron Wanttaja
    Yeah, but all it takes is *one* jury, right? After all, I'm quite sure that many more people have been killed in their EABs than have been molested by YE pilots (based on the data available, it's apparently whatever-to-zero).

Our chapter had a YE event yesterday, we flew 30+ kids with 4 airplanes (6 in my 6A). With the new requirements it would not have been possible because of the number of adults needed. After all the discussion on this board I was careful how I belted them in and helped them out. The parents did come out to the airplane for photos but once I started belting them in the parents left. This made the whole experience not fun. I would take the training but not the back ground check so I am out. I believe this policy will make the parents nervous having to sign this and that and wondering why?

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Buchanan View Post
    I spoke this morning with an individual who is in EAA management and was told insurance carriers are not driving this train. He gave me some background info but I prefer not to comment on it publicly.
    Well, the EAA sure as hell should provide this info to THE MEMBERSHIP. This is another example of how the EAA does not care about the membership as members and treats us as workers.
    1996 Quad City Challenger CWS w/503 - Sold
    1974 7ECA Citabria - Sold
    1986 Pitts S1S

Byron J. Covey
    Quote Originally Posted by ssmdive View Post
    Well, the EAA sure as hell should provide this info to THE MEMBERSHIP. This is another example of how the EAA does not care about the membership as members and treats us as workers.
    Workers get paid; EAA members pay to volunteer.

BJC

Byron J. Covey
    Quote Originally Posted by Glory Aulik View Post
    I don't have a specific date, but I would say sometime this week, if not early next!
    Gloria:

Did I miss the promised update on how this issue will be resolved?

I did see Pelton's memo, but that does little to resolve the issues.

Thanks,

BJC

Anyone else find it ironic that the EAA forums are now under attack?
    The forum is hosted by a vendor and now currently fighting off an attack... Just like many of us were afraid that our personal information given to another vendor would be subject to attack and compromise.

Folks truth is always better than fiction. This just reinforces the argument of why we don't want to give the EAA or anyone our personal information.
    1996 Quad City Challenger CWS w/503 - Sold
    1974 7ECA Citabria - Sold
    1986 Pitts S1S

Quote Originally Posted by ssmdive View Post
    Anyone else find it ironic that the EAA forums are now under attack?
    The forum is hosted by a vendor and now currently fighting off an attack... Just like many of us were afraid that our personal information given to another vendor would be subject to attack and compromise.

Folks truth is always better than fiction. This just reinforces the argument of why we don't want to give the EAA or anyone our personal information.
    I would like to correct the misinformation, our site is not currently under attack. That is a mischaracterization of some of the login issues we've seen that pop up from time to time with each individual's virus / malware protection. It can happen with the big sites, as much as smaller sites like ours.

As virus and malware definitions are always being updated they can trigger issues with websites, message boards, forums, etc.

There is no attack on our forums, and the login issue is completely unrelated to our Youth Protection Policy.

We continue to work with our internal team, and external partners to resolve such issues. Most go completely unnoticed, or are a result of an individual's software configuration on their machine.

Thanks,
    Dennis
    Dennis Jenders, EAA #300475

And this all boils down to...

Quote Originally Posted by rv6mike View Post
    This made the whole experience not fun.
    Flying YE is not our civic duty. It's not like helping at the shelter, donating blood or even helping that stranded motorist at the side of the road. We do it to promote the love of our hobby.
    John Smutny

Life is not a journey to the grave intending of arriving safely in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, used up, worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Damn, what a ride!

Quote Originally Posted by rv6mike View Post
    I believe this policy will make the parents nervous having to sign this and that and wondering why?
    There is nothing additional to sign and the parents would never notice a difference. The YE registration form is the only form that needs to be signed.