Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Pbr 2

UPDATE.....Both the House and Senate have agreed to a FAA Funding Bill that includes third-class medical reform. FAA funding runs out next week. It is expected that the full House and Senate will pass the legislation and send it to the President to be signed into law before Congress adjourns next week. Then the FAA has one year to go through the NPRM process and change the regulations.

(Note: Last update to the EAA Advocacy, Aeromedical Reform, page was 12/15/2015. This doesn't seem to be a "Top Issue" at EAA anymore.)

See story published today: http://www.eaa.org/en/eaa/eaa-news-a...ding-extension

EAA's Washington staff as well as Jack Pelton himself worked day and night alongside AOPA and other groups to make this happen.
    Tom Charpentier
    Government Relations Director
    EAA Lifetime #1082006 | Vintage #722921

Very exciting, sounds like the faa will have one year to create the rules after the bill is signed.
    “It's the greatest shot of adrenaline to be doing what you have wanted to do so badly. You almost feel like you could fly without a plane.”

-Charles Lindbergh

Rock on, y'all, rock on!
    The opinions and statements of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.

Quote Originally Posted by wallda View Post
    Very exciting, sounds like the faa will have one year to create the rules after the bill is signed.
    Just curious...does anyone know what version of the Pilots Bill of Rights is included in FAA Reauthorization?

Quote Originally Posted by jam0552@msn.com View Post
    Just curious...does anyone know what version of the Pilots Bill of Rights is included in FAA Reauthorization?
    My comment was based on a short article I read. I think it was incorrect.
    “It's the greatest shot of adrenaline to be doing what you have wanted to do so badly. You almost feel like you could fly without a plane.”

-Charles Lindbergh

About two hours ago the 14-month FAA funding extension, with the medical reform language attached, passed the House on a voice vote. The Senate is expected to take up the bill in the next few days.
    Tom Charpentier
    Government Relations Director
    EAA Lifetime #1082006 | Vintage #722921

Quote Originally Posted by jam0552@msn.com View Post
    I haven't read the entire bill, but it's my understanding that this does not include the entire PBoR2, just the medical reform part. Which means we still need to keep pushing for
    the PBoR2 to pass, for the legal protections, etc. And I believe the medical reforms in this bill are pretty much taken word for word from the PBoR2, are they not?

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by dclaxon View Post
    I haven't read the entire bill, but it's my understanding that this does not include the entire PBoR2, just the medical reform part. Which means we still need to keep pushing for
    the PBoR2 to pass, for the legal protections, etc. And I believe the medical reforms in this bill are pretty much taken word for word from the PBoR2, are they not?

Dave
    Depends. It's certainly not Senator Inhofe's originally submitted PBOR2, which, for medical reform, was basically the drivers license medical, period. But it appears to be the compromised version after the California senator got hold of it. Plus perhaps a bit more detail, complications and obfuscations.

Quote Originally Posted by MEdwards View Post
    Depends. It's certainly not Senator Inhofe's originally submitted PBOR2, which, for medical reform, was basically the drivers license medical, period. But it appears to be the compromised version after the California senator got hold of it. Plus perhaps a bit more detail, complications and obfuscations.
    True, but Inhofe's original bill was also not the one that the Senate passed 3 times. Once the compromises were made that were needed to pass it standalone, the same bill was "cut and pasted" into the FAA Reauthorization bill and the defense bill, and now the medical part was pasted into the funding extension. So while it is not the original proposal, it is what was able to make it through the Senate.

Dave