Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: AirVenture Webcams!

Air Show Cam - Please zoom out a little

Much of aerobatics is the patterns shown in the smoke trails and reference to the ground.

Especially in formation acts like the AeroShell team mostly all we saw was a close up of one of the planes doing its loops and rolls with little reference to the formation it was flying in.

With the cam zoomed in so tight so much of the time all we see is a full screen image of a plane doing tumbles.

Thanks, Bruce King
    EAA 590145

Sad Webcam work

Whoever is manning the airshow cam today really dropped the ball. At 5:30 it actually went all black as well. (maybe due to rain) There was alot of instances over the course of the show where performers where flying and the cam was just shooting the ground. Too bad.

And the live airshow webcam has just gone black . Another burnt out power supply ?. Sound still working picture just died.........

it went dark because Tim the camera guy needed to get his $60K camera off the tower ring before the thunderstorm hit. And actually that same thunderstorm ended airshow early so you really didn't miss anything.

On Theater in the Woods, got audio, no video, HELP!
    Thanks, Bruce King
    EAA590145

Yeah I have sound and a black screen as well . Sure hope that next year this whole webcam thing is made better as it is great when it works. Sure makes those of us that are not able to make it, particularly when we live overseas, feel like we are part of it.

There is both audio and video streaming to the server correctly, there are 85 other viewers online and I am also able to view and hear it just fine on a windows XP machine. Its possible there is some goofiness with some browser or some browser plugin and the encoding software, but honestly "it dosen't work" posts are unhelpful when it comes to isolating the issue unless you also include OS, Browser version and Windows Media plugin version.

for those of you having issues try the stream directly http://streams.discoveryworld.org/sasquatch
    Last edited by Paul Hayden; 07-28-2011 at 07:51 PM.

Give the IT/Video guys a break. These folks unconditionally give of their time and resources to make EAA better. A little understanding concerning any technical issues and a little gratitude for all of their efforts is what they need and deserve. Get the information that these folks need if you are having issues and send it to them. As we have seen they are VERY responsive to our needs, look at the airshow audio/video sync. We asked they responded (I would love to hear the story about the Walmart radio.....). I have experienced a couple of glitches here and there, but nothing I couldn't deal with. I do hope that no one really had an issue with a person who is standing at the top of the tallest building in a 5 mile radius, holding a piece of electrical equipent (not even counting the value of the equipment) wanting to go inside during a thunderstorm, man that would just be flat out wrong.

P.S. Hal, I bring 20 years of UNIX C,JAVA,C#,PERL,Oracle and ASP experience, if you need me I am there buddy

thanks wyoranch, Todd and I appreciate it.

Only a few people have been up on the Oshkosh Tower catwalk. Its exactly that...a metal grate with handrailings. You can see right though what you are standing on to the ground. Its not for the faint of heart.

Our volunteers have answered every challenge given them and we should all realize that this infrastructure is set up and taken down in a matter of days then put away for a year. While we plan for almost everything, glitches do happen especially when over 100,000 people each day are in the same small space...all demanding the same level of connectivity...from a vast array of devices.

The cams, EAA Radio, and online content are meant to bring as much of the event to our members as possible, but are not meant as a direct replacement for actually being here. Not everyone can make it but it is difficult to completely replicate the in-person experience online.

We respectfully ask for a bit of lattitude in this regard.