Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: AirVenture Webcams!

A big thank you to all members of the crew that are bringing us the webcams !

Thank you, Paul and I appreciate that you have enjoyed the web feeds.

The programs you missed and will miss tonight are bands. They were scheduled to entertain on-site attendees and offering the broadcast live would diminish their potential as a draw for people to come to AirVenture. Additionally, paying licensing rights for live music to be broadcast over the web is very expensive and those funds could be employed more effectively elsewhere. The streaming video is still only a "look-in" and not meant to replace the experience of actually attending.

Quote Originally Posted by Fareed Guyot View Post
    The programs you missed and will miss tonight are bands. They were scheduled to entertain on-site attendees and offering the broadcast live would diminish their potential as a draw for people to come to AirVenture. Additionally, paying licensing rights for live music to be broadcast over the web is very expensive and those funds could be employed more effectively elsewhere. The streaming video is still only a "look-in" and not meant to replace the experience of actually attending.
    Fair enough -- but maybe next year you could make it clear, from the start, on the Webcam page, that the Concerts will not be streamed over the webcams, for the above reasons.

This would make it clear to everyone what to expect, what not to expect, and should eliminate the dissapointment of not seeing something that was expected.

The same thing happend last year -- the Concerts were just not streamed (for the same reason), and viewers that were expecting to see the concert, were not told this in advance, and were dissapointed.

Geoff

No idea what this will look like, but since this place is all about experimental, we are going to give it a go. The Air Show feed will be live for the evening airshow tonight with the EAA Radio audio. We are also going to aim at least 2 of the other cams to the runways as well.

Paul

Thanks for the "heads up" ... that $60K camera and it's Pro Cameraman should have no problems !!!

It's always easier to spot flying aircraft at night, than during the day.

Geoff

What a fantastic job coverig the night show! Almost as if I was there, my hat is off to all of you
    Rick

Super, great job with showing us the night airshow. To heck with the bands. Next year, I will stay the whole week with my Cub and I hope another hundred plus Cubs for the 75th!

Kudos

Web cams were Outstanding ! Kudos! to all involved bringing night show to us TY it has convinced me to do what ever have to do to get there for next year to smell the smoke and hear the noise ,Hollywood has not got anything On Osh 11,Thanks again to camera guy or gal and all involved in logistics of bringing this to the members

Watched this week on a VMWare session of Windows 7 and IE 9. Worked fine. My native systems are all OSX Lion and no combination of browsers and Flip4mac worked. Tried Safari, Firefox, Chrome, Opera, etc. I saw where other users were having the same problems, so I know these are known issues.

May I make a suggestion? I know you guys are mostly a Microsoft shop. My own software company uses Microsoft Silverlight for our streaming. We use Microsoft Expressions Encoder. Silverlight plugins are available for Windows and Mac OSX.

It doesn't work with iPhones or iPads. You would have to figure out a way to encode H.264 directly which I haven't researched.

But it seems that these webcams are being streamed with software technologies that are just a little outdated. I hope there is budget next year to upgrade this software, especially so that those of us who can't attend get our "fix".

Thanks for all of the efforts!!