Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015: Good and Bad

Yeah, who would have thought that little Continental could turn a prop "4,000 +" RPM?
    Larry Nelson EAA 35011
    President EAA Chapter 821
    Springfield, MO
    PA 30 / Cessna 195

Byron J. Covey
    Quote Originally Posted by Inspector Fenwick View Post
    Yeah, who would have thought that little Continental could turn a prop "4,000 +" RPM?
    As I recall, Ray was the go-to guy for Formula 1 racer propellers back then. I've seen 4200 RPM on a Cassutt.

BJC

Interstater
    Quote Originally Posted by Byron J. Covey View Post
    Seen in "Homebuilt Parking:"Attachment 4935Probably live in Vero Beach.BJC
    I believe the Cherokee was in the AirVenture Cup Race parking corral, not Homebuilt parking.

Eh, OTA broadcast TV is theft/copyright infringement? What are you some shill of the cable/DBS industry?

I think that was one of the Airventure Cup racers.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingRon View Post
    Eh, OTA broadcast TV is theft/copyright infringement? What are you some shill of the cable/DBS industry?
    No I am not a shill for either cable or DBS companies, in fact I rather hate both types. I do however believe that the people and companies that have spent a lot of money to produce TV programs deserve to be paid for their work the same as I expect to be paid for mine. To me it is simply a matter of honesty and integrity, both of which seem to be fast fading in todays world. We all have to live or lives by our own standards.

That statement had me confused also, at the house over the air TV is all that is available, it is paid for by the commercials.

Quote Originally Posted by vaflier View Post
    No I am not a shill for either cable or DBS companies, in fact I rather hate both types. I do however believe that the people and companies that have spent a lot of money to produce TV programs deserve to be paid for their work the same as I expect to be paid for mine. To me it is simply a matter of honesty and integrity, both of which seem to be fast fading in todays world. We all have to live or lives by our own standards.
    Eh? You have a rather bizarre idea of how the industry works. The OTA signals are paid for. The station pays for them and then they recover that through selling advertising. In fact, it is this local marketing revenue that is specifically thwarted by DBS and other people who remote distant OTA content. One could argue your DBS is MORE ABUSIVE to the content providers than OTA reception.

The OTA signals are put there specifically with the hope and intent that you WILL receive them. It's not like the old C-band TVRO days when people were sniffing on feeds that were designed only to be shipped around within the broadcast industry.

The biggest issue with these OTA sellers is that unless you're in a metro area, the content offered is pretty minimal. Even here 40 or so miles outside of DC, the DTV signals are pretty limited to a few specialty stations (most of which are not in English).
    Last edited by FlyingRon; 07-29-2015 at 06:35 AM.

Eh? You have a rather bizarre idea of how the industry works. The OTA signals are paid for. The station pays for them and then they recover that through selling advertising. In fact, it is this local marketing revenue that is specifically thwarted by DBS and other people who remote distant OTA content. One could argue your DBS is MORE ABUSIVE to the content providers than OTA reception.

The OTA signals are put there specifically with the hope and intent that you WILL receive them. It's not like the old C-band TVRO days when people were sniffing on feeds that were designed only to be shipped around within the broadcast industry.

The biggest issue with these OTA sellers is that unless you're in a metro area, the content offered is pretty minimal. Even here 40 or so miles outside of DC, the DTV signals are pretty limited to a few specialty stations (most of which are not in English).

Ron, I believe you are confused as to what my original post was referring to.

Byron J. Covey
    Quote Originally Posted by vaflier View Post
    ...television theft boxes ( yes I consider getting free tv to be copyright infringement and therefore theft , just my opinion ).

Gee, I did miss something. Please describe what a TV theft boxes is.

Thanks,

BJC