Thread: Evening arrival to Camp Scholler benefits

Evening arrival to Camp Scholler benefits

Last year we arrived at Camp Scholler about 5:30pm on a Friday and got right in with no delays. A surprising benefit was wristbands to get in the gate that evening. I don't see that mentioned anywhere; is that still in place or a secret? Was kinda fun to get a jump on the walk through.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingMN View Post
    Last year we arrived at Camp Scholler about 5:30pm on a Friday and got right in with no delays. A surprising benefit was wristbands to get in the gate that evening. I don't see that mentioned anywhere; is that still in place or a secret? Was kinda fun to get a jump on the walk through.

Are you talking Friday before the start or Friday the week of? If it was the Friday before, you do not need wristbands. Wrist bands are not required until Sunday, the day before the official Monday start. If it was Friday during convention then I do not know.

No it was during the show. Maybe I got an even more friendly entrance attendant than normal. I was hoping that was the case again this year.

my experience is that if you have wristbands for the following day, they allow you in the gate after the airshow ends on previous day.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Stadt View Post
    Are you talking Friday before the start or Friday the week of? If it was the Friday before, you do not need wristbands. Wrist bands are not required until Sunday, the day before the official Monday start. If it was Friday during convention then I do not know.
    I am arriving on Saturday afternoon (18th). Does that mean we can get into the grounds over the weekend? I thought we would be restricted to the campsite?

Deftone,if you arrive on the 18th you are able to enter the grounds without a wristband but starting Sunday the 19th you must have a wristband to enter the grounds. The buildings are off limits on Sunday but there usually is some venders offering food,drinks ect. Sitting on the flight line is always fun to do before (and during) the show. I hope this helps.

=BrianPlas;49930]Deftone,if you arrive on the 18th you are able to enter the grounds without a wristband but starting Sunday the 19th you must have a wristband to enter the grounds. The buildings are off limits on Sunday but there usually is some venders offering food,drinks ect. Sitting on the flight line is always fun to do before (and during) the show. I hope this helps.[/QUOTE]

That's great, thanks! Normally I don't arrive until the Monday,so didn't know I could get onsite on the weekend