Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Current Camp Scholler Grounds Conditions

Current Camp Scholler Grounds Conditions

Been watching the mid west weather patterns, and seeing lots of rain! Wondering if anybody knows what the Camp Scholler grounds conditions are currently? A couple of years ago it was so wet they called it "Sloshkosh", and camping was pretty much a free-for-all and there were problems accommodating planes flying in for the show. Not that it kept us from attending....

EAA Staff / Moderator Hal Bryan's Avatar
    I was just in the campground a couple of hours ago, and everything looked great. We've had a couple of good rainstorms, but a lot of sun and some nice breezes have dried things up nicely.

Hal Bryan
    EAA Lifetime 638979
    Vintage 714005 | Warbirds 553527
    Managing Editor
    EAA—The Spirit of Aviation

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Bryan View Post
    I was just in the campground a couple of hours ago, and everything looked great. We've had a couple of good rainstorms, but a lot of sun and some nice breezes have dried things up nicely.
    That's greaat! Let's hope it stays that way for the next few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Bryan View Post
    Hal, that is the same story I heard the year of Sloshkosh, right up until I left home, but nobody warned me about the extra 4 inches that were going to fall while I was on my way.

Dave

Went up yesterday to steak off our sites and spent the night. Grounds are in fantastic shape and amazingly dry. Knock on wood but the bugs weren't that bad either.

It's a few days away and the last update was 12 days ago. I am pumped and excited! Are the grounds still in good condition?

Quote Originally Posted by bneal View Post
    It's a few days away and the last update was 12 days ago. I am pumped and excited! Are the grounds still in good condition?
    I was there on Sunday, and the grounds look great. And far as set up, I am always amazed at how much gets done in the last 2 weeks before the show.

I am in an RV for the first time this year, Unusually camp in a tent but this being my significant others first Airventure, she made it clear she wasn't going to accept that! Even then...I hope the campsite stays in good condition, I hate to see people have their week spoiled by the weather

I was speaking last night with someone who was setting up camp and he said the grounds are damp at best but nowhere on the wet side. It seems Oshkosh has been spared the constant rains that most of the mid-west have been receiving and pray it stays that way.

Looks like some rain moved through Oshkosh today can someone please update the Camp Scholler ground conditions?