Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2015 Forum Schedule

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Zeitlin View Post
    Thanks. That was the information I've been looking for for two months. Made submission but it is probably too late.

Quote Originally Posted by flyunleaded View Post
    Thanks. That was the information I've been looking for for two months. Made submission but it is probably too late.
    I know in the past, submissions have been accepted pretty late in the game, so you will probably be fine. I'm not directly involved with the scheduling or submission process, so I can't guarantee that 100%.

Zack

I had a chat (with a real, live human by voice, not computer-chat) last night in "customer service" at EAA about the on-line forum schedule. My concern was that this year I cannot search on presenter name nor see a description of the forum. I could do that in previous years. She was very nice and agreed to pass this along to whomever should be looking at it. I wonder what the conversation was like in the room where they decided to remove those two functions (and perhaps others?).

It appears that they removed more features. There is no description of the forum content, only a title, date, time and pavilion. Also appears there are some scheduling screwups, two forums scheduled at the same time in the same pavilion.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Zeitlin View Post
    "... although I've been informally told when my time/tent is.

Good luck.
    Have you been formally notified of your time/tent yet? I've heard nothing about my submission, whether it was received, whether they've closed the schedule. I notice that a schedule is up, but it doesn't include a description of the forum and I can't find my title listed anywhere, so I assume it wasn't approved.

It appears that they removed more features. There is no description of the forum content, only a title, date, time and pavilion. Also appears there are some scheduling screwups, two forums scheduled at the same time in the same pavilion.
    That happens. We were double booked into our forum space last year as well.

Have you been formally notified of your time/tent yet? I've heard nothing about my submission, whether it was received, whether they've closed the schedule. I notice that a schedule is up, but it doesn't include a description of the forum and I can't find my title listed anywhere, so I assume it wasn't approved.
    There are many entries that are not in the system yet, as I know for a fact there are multiple presentations that will be in the museum and only a few that are listed as of 30 min. ago.

The search function is pretty miserable. In past years, you could sort on any one of about 30 sub-categories. As an example, try searching for "engines" (which used to be one of the search criteria).

I really rely on having an accurate forum schedule, as I sign up for my volunteer shifts on the Sunday before opening day. It's nice to know of all possible conflicts by that time.

Carl Orton
    Sonex #1170 / Zenith 750 Cruzer
    http://mykitlog.com/corton

After months of silence from EAA, an email last night indicated they had scheduled my forum. ROFLMAO

Oh, well. I made other plans for my summer vacation and am not going to AirVenture. Wonder how many weeks it will take them to remove it from the schedule?

In this day of high tech, why is it so difficult for EAA to reply to an email? And I wonder what they paid for the new AirVenture website software? The forum scheduling part is a sad joke when it can't display a link to the forum applications and send out an email acknowledging a submittal.

Forum schedule is on the 2015 Airventure app that I just downloaded to my iPhone and iPad. Listed either in chronological order or alphabetically.

See you there! Pat