Thread: Experimenter back issues

Experimenter back issues

I am interested in getting back issues of the "Experimenter".
    The EAA website only provides back issues to 2009
    http://www.eaa.org/en/eaa/aviation-e...enter-magazine

I have a copy of the January 2004 issue that covers Part 5 "Muffler Design" and would like
    to at least get the full article series. Does anyone know of a URL of past copies earlier than 2009?
    Jan Zumwalt - EAA #66327
    (\___/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

EAA Staff / Moderator Hal Bryan's Avatar
    Hi Jan -

Send a note to membership@eaa.org. They can usually work with our library to get copies of articles like that for you.

Regards -

Hal

Hal Bryan
    EAA Lifetime 638979
    Vintage 714005 | Warbirds 553527
    Managing Editor
    EAA—The Spirit of Aviation

I know this an old thread...but the issue I'm looking for is even older. That would be the august 1994 issue of EAA Experimenter. I really want to get the article, 'How to make a "Better Half" VW Engine' by L. E. Milholland. It seems the "EAA Experimenter"(not the one that was started in the 50s) archives only go back to the last quarter of 2012. You would expect that it takes time to digitize the publications but the OP back in 2015 was able to get access to digital archives back to 2009. What gives!? Where did they go? The solution back in 2015 was a note to membership@eaa.org. I'll try that out here in 2022 and report back, otherwise...?

Quote Originally Posted by ConnerMcLaughlin View Post
    I know this an old thread...but the issue I'm looking for is even older. That would be the august 1994 issue of EAA Experimenter. I really want to get the article, 'How to make a "Better Half" VW Engine' by L. E. Milholland. It seems the "EAA Experimenter"(not the one that was started in the 50s) archives only go back to the last quarter of 2012. You would expect that it takes time to digitize the publications but the OP back in 2015 was able to get access to digital archives back to 2009. What gives!? Where did they go? The solution back in 2015 was a note to membership@eaa.org. I'll try that out here in 2022 and report back, otherwise...?
    You can purchase the plans and a video about building the 1/2 VW from Leonard himself:

https://legaleagleairplane.com/
    Sam Buchanan
    The RV Journal RV-6 build log
    Fokker D.VII semi-replica build log

Thanks for the suggestion. Did so already and the plans come with a copy of the article. But the pictures look to be faxed from "Die Hard 2" but in that case they could at least make out finger prints.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2Ct0ouRooY

I've corresponded with Milholland already and I believe he has the same problem I do: not having a good copy of the original. If I am able to get something better from EAA, Milholland will be the first person I'll send a copy to.