Thread: Theater in the Woods and EAA Radio

Theater in the Woods and EAA Radio

It sure would be nice if EAA Radio would post the audio each evening's Theater in the Woods activity. I only see a few brief clips on their page. Would be VERY nice to listen to each evening's ENTIRE presentation. Maybe Hal can make it happen.

Yes, I realize some of the music may have to be cut due to copyright issues.

Music copyright shouldn't be too much of an issue, if the EAA doesn't already have it covered in their license agreements for the venue, it should be easy enough to add. There may be agreements with the performers that may have to be worked out.

Thanks for the input. EAA Radio is unable to air and/or record ALL Theater In The Woods programming for several reasons. Some presenters (or the organization they represent) do not give permission for their presentation to be recorded and/or broadcast. Also, some presentations contain a significant amount of copywrited works. EAA's ASCAP & BMI licensure covers live performance in a venue, not broadcast nor distribution rights, such as making it available for download in our archives.

This being said, I will look again into our recordings to see if there are any other pieces we can post to our archives. Is there a specific night or a specific presenter you are looking for?

Part of our mission at EAA Radio is to help members and others re-live AirVenture Oshkosh. If there is something we can do to better serve you, please let us know. You can email me directly at jim@eaaradio.net.
    Jim Gray
    Station Manager - EAA Radio
    http://eaaradio.net

Perhaps EAA should look into the music licensing issues before you guys get screwed through inadvertant inclusion of other music. Back when I was in the business, adding broadcast rights to an existing blanket venue license was almost a non-issue (I was responsible for a University radio station). Getting website streaming rights is seperately licensed, but straight-forward.

I will suggest that the interview type appearances of folks like Bob Hoover, Burt Rutan, Patty Wagstaff, etc might be popular recordings. Listeners would not need music in the background.

Best of luck,

Wes
    N78PS

Quote Originally Posted by Marty Santic View Post
    It sure would be nice if EAA Radio would post the audio each evening's Theater in the Woods activity. I only see a few brief clips on their page. Would be VERY nice to listen to each evening's ENTIRE presentation. Maybe Hal can make it happen.

Yes, I realize some of the music may have to be cut due to copyright issues.
    Marty,

Streaming media (aka Webcam Guys) does capture most of the programs in the Theater in the Woods, however, there are certain items we are not allowed to record/stream due to the presenters requirements. The events that we are able to provide can be found at the following location for about another month before Livestream removes them.

https://new.livestream.com/accounts/...events/3194325

Also for those interested, here is a link to the daily airshows as well.

https://new.livestream.com/accounts/...events/3191383

Todd Ritzman
    EAA Streaming Media Chairman

Would like to hear....

Monday-Remembering Paul Special Event
    Monday-Valdez Special Event
    Tuesday-I Want to be an Astronaut Special Event
    Tuesday-X Prize Special Event

Quote Originally Posted by Marty Santic View Post
    Would like to hear....

Monday-Remembering Paul Special Event
    Monday-Valdez Special Event
    Tuesday-I Want to be an Astronaut Special Event
    Tuesday-X Prize Special Event
    Mondays programs are posted on Livestream, ( https://new.livestream.com/accounts/...events/3194325 ) I did update the titles to make it easier to find. Unfortunately, we were not able to record Tuesdays programs due to presenter requirements.

Todd