Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ground Transportation

Apparently Michael is one of the many who never read the info given when you check in. Trams run from 8 AM to 8 PM with the school buses taking over afterward. I do agree with the CART section. I have never been offered a ride, even after asking them to stop. That is one section of volunteers that can be eliminated. I am a tram volunteer and I can assure you the only time I pulled over in the rain, was when it was driven by gusts so bad I couldn t see and the passengers wanted to stop and find cover.

Quote Originally Posted by skyfixer8 View Post
    Apparently Michael is one of the many who never read the info given when you check in. Trams run from 8 AM to 8 PM with the school buses taking over afterward.
    Right. I read it. And I saw trams running at 7:45am and at 8:30pm, hence my uncertainty as to what was going on. And no buses either time, until almost 9pm when one passed me.

Thank you for being a volunteer.

Mike E

Sometimes, trams do get early start, depends on drivers. We assemble at 7 AM, and once assigned, some of the new guys like to check things out and talk EAA for a while. Some of us old timers just want to get in and get started.

The transportation wasnt too bad around the camp, although away back at Cedar where I was camped the buses were often pretty full by the time they got to my stop, often had to let them go past and catch next one. But all that tells me is that AirVenture is getting more popular!

My concern, like many others, was the number of golf carts. In particular driving around what should be pedestrian areas. For the first night show I was standing along the flightline and I cant remember how many times I had to move out of the way of a golfcart being driven over the grass amoungst the people watching the show. It was crazy, I dont know how someone didnt get hurt. I would also stop all the carts from zooming down wittman. Some of those guys were tearing along at crazy speeds considering all the pedestrians and kids. I actually seen one guy almost come to blows with a vendor that almost took out his young son with a golf cart.