GOOD:

1. The mix of airshow acts was fresh and improved in my opinion. This is one of the first years I didn't feel like I was watching the same old thing I'd seen before in the past few eyars.
2. The Thunderbirds were neat, the crowd lines worked well, there were lots more children in attendance. All this was good in my opinion.
3. The commercial exhibits seem to be making a rebound though there were a lot of empty spaces in the buildings.

4. Food. Again improved this year. While still pricey, the variation and the quality is much improved. Hell, one breakfast alone from Major Golsby (Vintage Cafe or the North 40 Cafe) can last you all day.

BAD:

1. Basler. I practically had to throw myself in front of a fuel truck to get fuel. I had a tag on my prop in excess of two days and had asked at the fuel payment booth twice and when the driver was fueling somewhere else to please fuel my plane and it still didn't help. They also have not yet returned my call left with their answering machine.

2. Port-o-lets. I don't know if the EAA is intentionally shafting the campers but many of the usual port-o-let quantities were not present though some reapeared (to a limited extent) later in the show.

3. Garmin. What a bunch of louts. They seem to have abandoned avionics sales and gone over to competing with GoPro. Hard to get any information out of a salesman and when my wife (having been previously ignored) started plugging away at one of their 650 demo units, she was pushed aside without even an "excuse me" by some sales droid who wanted to see something on the 530 that was also in that pod.

OTHER:

1. Trams. They changed the tram terminuses in a way that seemed to make little sense. However at the old terminus by the tower they did have signs that told you where to stand for the tram you wanted.

2. Weather. Cool weather was a welcome relief from oppressive heat, but the torrential downpours wiped out a couple of the shows.