Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: New EAA Web Site Splash Page

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Bryan View Post
    Hmm - that's odd, I've only seen the behavior you described un IE8 on XP. That said, IE8 is three versions old. I understand you can't change browsers on your work PC, but can you at least update to one that is reasonably current?
    Not without admin rights I can't!

Quote Originally Posted by krw920 View Post
    Not without admin rights I can't!
    I would assume that there are quite a few corporations on Win7/IE8 with locked admin access. Sad to say, I can count at least a dozen that I'm aware of at the moment. Mostly due to corporate web apps that don't work well with later IE releases and no budget to update the offending application. They take the typical approach by putting their head in the sand and hope the problem goes away on it's own.

bob
    --
    Bob Leffler
    RV-10 Flying
    www.mykitlog.com/rleffler

Hello All & Admin,

I would like to chime in here, may be off subject, but somewhat related, or repeated. I have not been happy with the new Events Calendar on the redesigned website. I used to regularly search for fly-ins easily through the old interface. The old filtering and distance search worked great. I find the new Events listings to be very difficult to use and full of bugs. I have decided to steer away from EAA's Event page all together until this feature is improved. I hope to see better user interface return, and soon. It is prime fly-in season now. Thanks for your attention & Fly Safely!

PB

Some where in the South Pacific,I also do Flyovers for the Green Bay Packers Home Games,GO PacK GO!!
    Quote Originally Posted by SmittysRV View Post
    I noticed that all the RSS feeds (EAA, AirVenture) stopped working. Will those get turned back on at some point?
    Is there going to be anymore EAA, AirVenture RSS feeds?
    I do not see any RSS feeds links on the new sites,
    And I also have not received any feed updates.

Prairie Cottage Airport, 8KS8, Chapman KS
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd copeland View Post
    Love the site. Still finding my way around it but the calendar section isn't very user friendly. I can't seem to get a user defined list for local fly-ins. The old one functioned a little better in that regard. I'm sure fine tuning will happen in the coming months.
    Same here.
    Jim Clark, Chairman National Biplane Fly In, www.nationalbiplaneflyin.com. Currently flying: 1929 Waco CSO, 1939 Waco EGC-8, 1946 Piper J-3, 1955 Piper PA22/20, 1956 Beech G35, 1984 Beech A36 & 2001 Vans RV9.
    You love a lot of things if you live around them, but there isn't any woman and there isn't any horse, nor any before nor any after, that is as lovely as a great airplane, and men who love them are faithful to them even though they leave them for others.
    - Ernest Hemingway

What happen to the event calender used to be able to look up by area. Living in Illinois and flying a Light Sport I really don't need to know about breakfast in Mass.
    Before you could put in zip codes or identifier and find info on events within a fixed mileage that was really handy.
    Paula