Disappointed in the lack of leadership. EAA was placed in a tough spot but this "settlement" is more accurately described as "total capitulation".EAA argues that canceling AirVenture would greatly harm GA. So why did they not use this to our advantage? Threaten to cancel the event, allow the community, industry politicians to rise up in outrage at the potential loss of our SuperBowl. An FAA backdown under the face of overwhelming public pressure would have been a great victory for GA. Instead, our second largest association has meekly accepted user fees. I believe this has harmed GA more than canceling AirVenture for a year would.I can buy the argument there wasn't enough time to create an alternative to the FAA controllers last year using volunteers or contractors. But with more than a year to work on it? The EAA community has demonstrated many times a capability to safely and responsibly stage complex aviation activities. The procedures are already in place and are not rocket science to execute. Wresting control from FAA would have been an empowering move. But again, EAA has simply rolled over. I have it on good authority that EAA won't use volunteer or contract controllers for fear of accident liability coming back to the organization.No one is asking EAA to be reckless, but the complete absence of backbone is worrying. It leaves the distinct impression that EAA is prioritizing its own balance sheet ahead of the wider interest of the community.