Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Experimental Turboprop

New Experimental Turboprop

Hello, I am here to find who may have interest in either investing in the company, make an initial purchase at a discount, or would simply be interested in the concept in general.

Highlights of what we would be developing:

-6 passenger composite airframe, pressurized 6.5 psi, slightly larger inside than a PA46
    -1000 lb useful full of fuel
    -Airstair for easy entry and exit (no squeezing in a small pilot door)
    -FAR 23 flight characteristics
    -PT6 powered airframe with a multitude of engine options from small to medium form engines
    -Cruise speeds of 285-325 ktas (based on choice of engine)
    -roughly 7.7 nm/gal with a 1300-1600 nm range
    -fits inside most T-hangars (~31 ft long and ~35 ft wing span, roughly)
    -Kit to be able to be built for around $1m including build assist (could be built for under $1m depending on choice of engine)
    -Allow customer choice and personalization by allowing freedom to chose engine/avionics etc of their choosing, whether you buy from us or not (like a homebuilt is supposed to be)

The gentleman I am working with has extensive experience designing and building this very type of airplane. I can give more information to anyone interested in the project. We have gone over the project at some length and know that the pricing can be done.

Again, we are looking for investors as well as people that would be interested in the kit for purchase once it is developed.

Thank you

Wow, not a single response to this yet...

Quote Originally Posted by gabbett1 View Post
    Wow, not a single response to this yet...
    My suspicion is that (other than Hal) there aren't a lot of millionaires here. Look how many complaints you see about $100,000 LSAs...

Ron Wanttaja

Quote Originally Posted by rwanttaja View Post
    My suspicion is that (other than Hal) there aren't a lot of millionaires here. Look how many complaints you see about $100,000 LSAs...

Ron Wanttaja
    Well, as you can see I'm new here so I wasn't sure if this would be a proper place to look for interest or not.

Banned
    Well, as you can see I'm new here so I wasn't sure if this would be a proper place to look for interest or not.

Despite what Ron said, there are quite a few well-heeled people that belong to EAA that could be interested in your project. They may not participate on this forum. Try posting on the AOPA forum, probably a better target audience overall. If you have the funds, you should also consider setting up a booth at Oshkosh--the entire aviation community attends the world's biggest general aviation event.

Five minutes of clicking through the discussions here (hmmm, nobody expresses a wish for a million-dollar crowd killer) and the reaction to your suggestion on other homebuilt forums might have suggested that interest here in your vaporware would be slight. I'd have just let it go...except for your apparent surprise that people hadn't fallen all over your proposal.

If you want to discuss the technical basis of the design, engines, hardware, tools used to design, test plans, experience of the designer, etc., people would be quite happy to oblige you. Post a three-view or artist's concept, and folks will be slavering. But its up to you to supply that information. Asking for investors is just an invitation to a cricket symphony.

Floats is surely right, there ARE people in the industry who could afford something like this. But none will commit on the basis of a half-page dream sheet.

Right now, it looks like you have no idea on how to market your idea. Which kind of limits your chances of success....

Ron Wanttaja

Banned
    Ron, give the guy a break, you're being too harsh and overly critical. The OP says he would provide more information to those interested. This isn't the place to make a full out pitch presentation.

Quote Originally Posted by Floatsflyer View Post
    Ron, give the guy a break, you're being too harsh and overly critical. The OP says he would provide more information to those interested. This isn't the place to make a full out pitch presentation.
    Thank you, I didn't realize that I had to have a full blown business plan with drawings and technical data just to bounce an idea off of a group of people.

Banned
    Thank you, I didn't realize that I had to have a full blown business plan with drawings and technical data just to bounce an idea off of a group of people.
    If you have a CAD pic I know a lot of us would like to see it.

You asked for people who "may have interest in either investing in the company, make an initial purchase at a discount". If anyone is interested in any of those things, they will expect a business plan, specifications, and drawings.