I've done some searches and VMC is not found in EAA forums. I would assume that's because no one seems to want to tackle a twin (except for the Twin JAG).

For those of you who have aircraft engineering experience, or multi-engine piston a/c time, I have a question. How does one project what the Vmc would be?

And why is Vmc where it is for a particular a/c? Example: For a Seminole, Vmc is less than Vso. For another plane, Vmc is > 80KIAS and Vr is ~65KIAS (so pilots accelerate to Vsse and then rotate).

If you used pusher props with wing mounted engines, would you even have Vmc or would it be well below Vr?

Do jets have Vmc? I've never heard of such for a jet, just V1, where if you lose an engine by that point, you chop power and stop.

If your engines are mounted on the sides of the fuselage, does that prevent there being Vmc, and does the FAA consider this an inline thrust situation? I would bet that you would still need rudder to control yaw in that case.

Just someone with an inquiring mind trying to figure out a multi- design.

One last question: Does an E-AB have specific G loads to meet for the wings? Could one design around "transport" category (+2/-1 G I think is the requirement)? After all, if you design and build a plane for 6-8 people, would you really want to do 90 degree banks on purpose?

Regards,
Wylbur