Thread: Journal of the Aeronautical Sciences December 1942

Journal of the Aeronautical Sciences December 1942

Would anyone happen to know where I can get a copy of the Journal of the Aeronautical Sciences December 1942?

I have checked the usual online used book sources & they don't have that particular edition.

Banned
    http://arc.aiaa.org/doi/abs/10.2514/8.10964 Mike, a quick search turned up this article from that issue...I think. Scroll to the bottom and you'll find the Name of Org, address and ph# to contact for what you're looking for.

Thanks - I found that earlier today but unless I am missing something it appears you have to be an AIAA member to get access & I cant find anything that says how much that costs.

I have located a hard copy in several university libraries that I can get thru interlibrary loan but the librarians are all off for winter break. I think the U of I engineering library has it, but until they are back to work I cant tell for sure.

Banned
    I would ignore the AIAA online stuff and just call them directly and speak to someone in archives or similar.

It appears the dues are $120/ year. I will wait for the university library to re open.

Quote Originally Posted by Floatsflyer View Post
    I would ignore the AIAA online stuff and just call them directly and speak to someone in archives or similar.
    That is an option. I can wait a week, if I can get a hard copy or pdf thru the library system it will probably be easier.

The library is the way to go Mike. You can also order hard copies direct.