Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Water (tap water)

Water (tap water)

Unlike prior years, I had a super hard time finding the tap water where you could fill a bottle, take a drink and/or wet down your hat.

This year the weather was mild. If it had been hot like AV11 and AV12 this would have been a major problem.

I don't know why this change happened, but IF it was a tradeoff for $2 water, then it was not a decision made with the best interests of the public in mind.

In any case, there should be easily found and numerous places to get a drink of tap water.

What say you, EAA?

Thanks.

Can't speak for all locations but there was a big tank with free water in the vintage area (next to the Machine Shed Cafe) and several water stations in the area.

Mike
    If God had intended man to fly He would have given us more money!

There are "water buffalos" all over the grounds as well as drinking fountains outside of all the shower buildings. I didn't notice any fewer spots to fill up water bottles than in the past.

EAA Staff / Moderator Hal Bryan's Avatar
    There are at least as many as last year, if not more so - that's my impression certainly as I cover the grounds each day.

As for your trade off theory - come on, really?

Hal Bryan
    EAA Lifetime 638979
    Vintage 714005 | Warbirds 553527
    Managing Editor
    EAA—The Spirit of Aviation

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Bryan View Post
    There are at least as many as last year, if not more so - that's my impression certainly as I cover the grounds each day.

As for your trade off theory - come on, really?
    Hal, if you say it isn't so then I accept it but that particular tactic is common where commercial enterprises sell beverages, so it was not easy to write it off as a coincidence.

EAA Staff / Moderator Hal Bryan's Avatar
    Fair enough - didn't mean to come off so short, just trying to chime in as best as I can here and there on my phone, on the go, out in the sun, etc.

I just want you to know that this was a case of us doing the right thing (or at least moving in the right direction) because it was the right thing to do.

Hal Bryan
    EAA Lifetime 638979
    Vintage 714005 | Warbirds 553527
    Managing Editor
    EAA—The Spirit of Aviation

As show on the AirVenture 13 visitor map, all of the drinking fountains that I can recall from years past are still there.
    Bill

I didn't look on the map, but I noticed at least one missing that I used on a regular basis in past years to refill my bottle. There was a water trough in the grassy area with benches between the Homebuilders Hangar and the building with the museum planes, just south of the Flying Cinema. At least I couldn't find it, if it was there I'm going even blinder than I thought. (Which is actually not out of the realm of possibility.)

Dave

I think I noticed fewer hand-washing stations this year...could be wrong, of course, but I just didn't see as many as I remembered seeing in earlier years.

My impression is that some of the white PVC troughs were missing. Like the one near the homebuilts. There was a spigot there however and it was usable to get water. Just not as visible as before.