Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The New Food Selection Thread

Happy The New Food Selection Thread

What do people think of the new food selections? I had a really good hamburger at the Hangar Café, a good turkey sandwich and excellent potato chips at Ace's, and enjoyed a funnel cake at the Classic concession. So far am pretty happy with the food choices but (as I've mentioned on other threads), I really, really would like the option of fountain sodas in a cup with ice. The soda in the plastic bottles warms up too fast and sometimes is NOT cold when it's bought, because it hasn't been in the cooler long enough. Also...some more diet, non-caffeinated selections would be nice, like diet Sierra Mist. What are other people's experiences? Would especially like to hear of good options for the rest of the week!

Just bring in some Texans with BBQ & Mexican Food trucks. You guys would have no complaints all week!

Well, maybe if they didn't empty the ports potteys daily, them you would have one.

Pretty favorable. Prices a bit higher, but you can still find bargains. $8 for most things plus a $3 soda and that's an $11 lunch. Zaugs at least had the $7 member meal.

Found at least 2 subways. Now there's a deal. $4 for a 6" sub. In DFW, those run about $3.75, so we're right in line there. Plus, if you get a drink, the chips are thrown in for free to make it a meal deal. $6/7 for a sub, chips, and drink is not bad - plus, it's a sub, which is a nice break from the other stuff.

Too bad that you can't get JUST an A&W rootbeer without having to get a float.

Although the food selections are higher price, I will admit that for the most part, the quality is pretty decent.

I did notice that the condiment stands are gone. If you want sauerkraut with your dog, I think it's a $0.50 option. Same old probs with being unable to find a place to sit during the peak times, but that's not a vendor problem.

Need a Taco Bell / Taco Bueno / Taco Cabana / Taco John's. I didn't try any, but the Mexican offerings listed in International Plaza or whatever they're now calling Twin Oaks turned me off. They may be great, but not what I was looking for.

Carl Orton
    Sonex #1170 / Zenith 750 Cruzer
    http://mykitlog.com/corton

I've heard some places have member meals but haven't found any yet. Going to try the Italian place up at Warbirds today, I think.

Carl, I got a plain root beer, not an ice cream float, at the larger outdoor A&W that is in the field on the grass just nw and across the street from the tower. I also had a burger there, nothing special. Using Texas standards for burgers with 10 the best, then the one I had at the tent on the southwest part of the north 40, near the Bonanza parking was a 9. The one at the sea plane base an 8.

I love the new food selections! You can even get fried and regular cheese curd!

mmcgrew
    North 40 Cafe has best breakfast and terrific price.

I find the selection on the show site to be adequate but There isn't anywhere to find a proper evening meal in camp Scholler. Pizza and snack stuff is ok to keep you going during the day, but not a real meal. I guess it's assumed campers self-cater, but overseas visitors such as myself can't practically bring cooking gear. I don't know anyone here, so I don't get invited to Barbecues etc, so I have had to go hungry. Not a good impression....
    "If it was supposed to be easy, everybody would be doing it...."

Proud designer / builder of Avian Adventurer ZK-CKE.

Kiwi, Aces Bistro has a different dinner specialty every night of the week. There might be one or two others, but I haven't looked for them in earnest since I typically don't eat dinner on the field.

Carl Orton
    Sonex #1170 / Zenith 750 Cruzer
    http://mykitlog.com/corton

Ace's has pretty good food IME. I also had a good sausage and peppers on a bun at the concession next to the Warbirds shop.