Thread: Prop Condensation - A short video

Prop Condensation - A short video

I shot this video and captured the unusual sight of spiraling condensation from my prop tips. At first it's faint, but it shows up later when I leave the power up.

Brent Owens
    EAA 9 Flight Advisor/Tech Counselor
    Flying my RV-8
    Columbus, OH

my blogs:
    http://iflyblog.com
    http://fixedwingbuddha.com

Pretty cool! I've seen a couple of videos like that from WWII that show the same thing only in spades!

David

Ditto. Very cool indeed. The first time I ever saw it on my own airplane was during a run-up...after it came out of maintenance. Needless to say that at first I was..."concerned." (Then I realized it was just cool!)

That is a really neat video. We don't get to see that sort of thing up here in MN/WI! THX

In a house with my laptop.....somewhere in Collierville, TN
    I had that happen taking off from the home drome for OSH last year. We are next to a river and morning fog is common. Prop vortices are too. I still get a kick when it happens.
    Last edited by JimRice85; 07-07-2013 at 10:16 PM.
    Jim Rice
    Wolf River Airport (54M)
    Collierville, TN

N4WJ 1994 Van's RV-4 (Flying)
    N3368K 1946 Globe GC-1B Swift (Flying)--For Sale
    N7155H 1946 Piper J-3C Cub (Flying)

Brent smoothly advanced the throttle, feeling the familiar rumble of the wheels trying to outplay the engine as his plane began the symphany of flight. Clear skies and low winds seemed to beckon him upwards away from the mundane constraints of the earth and he couldn't help smiling inwardly at the sensation. Years slipped from with each growing knot of speed, taking with them the all too familiar aches and pains that come with a life well spent (if one were to judge solely from the prices paid and not necessarily by all of the results) and he looked with mild amusement at the spindly vortexes that formed around his craft as ghostly webs.

Condensation was the word that formed in his mind on its own, wandering around his thoughts and having not the least effect on the sense of the sublime that filled him.

He couldn't have been more wrong.

This is just as well, as soon enough he would be filled with other emotions - fear, terror, and an utter sense of alone - when finally he landed not at an airport with concrete runways but a burned strip of prehistoric jungle in what he instantly called The Land of the Dinosaurs.

Last edited by Frank Giger; 07-10-2013 at 12:15 AM.
    The opinions and statements of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.

Very cool! Nonetheless, I have concerns. There is this guy that has been peppering the local paper with letters with his point of view on CONTRAILS. He says that its been going on way too long and "what is that stuff, anyway?"

Promise in front of everyone that you don't have secret tanks on board of the same stuff.

Bob
    (its a plot)