Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Streaming Media/Cameras - 2013 Official Thread

First of all, big thanks to all of you who make this possible. I really enjoy being able to see things come together and then keep an eye on the show until I can get up there. I was watching the middle tower camera this afternoon (saw what looked like an F-86 and a couple MiGs on the plaza already!) and noticed something a little humorous. Every so often the camera would break from it's regular, slow travel and almost violently snap back to a southerly heading which happened to be centered on a row of vintage biplanes parked 4 abreast. It was almost as if the camera was trying to catch the biplanes in the middle of something mischievous. Just the random thought that popped into my head....

Jeff - I think all the planes youi mention are from the Museum. I agree on the F-86, and I think the others in the Phillips Plaza are a MiG-15 and MiG-21.

As for the biplanes, I think the first one is the Lincoln PT-K, the next two may be Wacos with an unknown between them, and the last one is a PT-17.

Perhaps next year we'll get HD cameras ;-)
    Last edited by RodBearden; 07-23-2013 at 07:01 PM.

AT&T has upgraded our lines. The video is as high quality as its going to get this year. The max we can push out is about a 450k stream. And even that is fairly impressive since this place is an airport with very little permanent infrastructure. We literally have modems and encoders in Tupperware boxes. The only way we would ever be able to upgrade to HD would be to upgrade all our cameras and get an Internet connection with 3 times the upload speed we currently have, at each location.

Hope that helps,
    Paul Hayden
    Streaming Media

Quote Originally Posted by Jefflcarr View Post
    First of all, big thanks to all of you who make this possible. I really enjoy being able to see things come together and then keep an eye on the show until I can get up there. I was watching the middle tower camera this afternoon (saw what looked like an F-86 and a couple MiGs on the plaza already!) and noticed something a little humorous. Every so often the camera would break from it's regular, slow travel and almost violently snap back to a southerly heading which happened to be centered on a row of vintage biplanes parked 4 abreast. It was almost as if the camera was trying to catch the biplanes in the middle of something mischievous. Just the random thought that popped into my head....
    I don't know if those biplanes have been up to anything or not, but there are several that are camera shy and are hiding out behind the trees. Those are the ones that are probably up to the mischievous behavior. Hopefully that behavior will bring more planes......

As more planes keep arriving, we will start to modify the tours that the cameras are on and have them watch the runways more at well.

Todd Ritzman
    Media Streaming

Great job guys! Is there any way you could post an overall map showing where the three cameras are located? I have never been to Oshkosh so I don't have much of a frame of reference.

Dave - if you look at the standard map here http://www.airventure.org/planning/av13_visitormap.jpg you will see the three towers that house the cameras - the tower bases are on map row L: the yellow, red and blue towers have their names on them. There's no camera on the yellow (Homebuilders) tower.

Hope that helps.

A few more stops have been added to the Vintage camera tour.

The Warbird Camera tour has been modified to watch the runway a little more. Currently they are landing Rwy 9, so it will watch the approach and the beginning of Rwy 9, then tour a little bit and return to Rwy 9.

This is wonderful I have been watching the cams all evening

Name:  Kosh Abstract 1.jpg
Views: 407
Size:  80.1 KB

I thought this image from the Warbirds Camera during an evening shower was worth sharing.

Special diamond raindrops for AirVenture!