I agree with Marty. I would rather pick my site, rather than take the chance I get some undesirable spot.

While I do have sympathy with the OP and others, I don't see a fix on the horizon. Lack of manpower and cost of implementation being the primary barriers.

There is no such thing as a standard staked site. While there are guidelines, most folks stake out what they need. I can't fathom the manpower and supplies needed to stake out the sites. Then you create other issues like inter mixing tents and motor homes. Not only is there a physical size difference, you have to address CO and generator noise.

Them you have the expense of creating the reservation system and hiring the people and equipment to run it.

As you start to see by attempting to fix one issue, other problems pop up that would need to be addressed. The current solution isn't perfect, but it isn't bad for what it costs to run on an annual basis.

So where would you like the EAA to spend your contributions? On a fancy camp reservation system or fighting the FAA and user fees? While it would nice to have it all, we do need to be fiscal responsible.