Thread: Experimenter pdf

Experimenter pdf

I just downloaded the new experimenter pdf file, dont have time to read it all now but I was dismayed at the letters saying that pdf is "old" technology & it should be replaced by an app.

The only place I have high speed internet access is my office, where I have a Comcast connection. I like the pdf, I download it & read it at my leisure. There is no high speed internet available if i am at home - it just simply is not available. (And no, Hughes net is not high speed. I told them what they could go do with themselves years ago)

Please keep the E-publications available in pdf format.

Thanks.

I just had wild blue satellite Internet installed in my office I have in my hanger at the airport. No cable Internet avl there. It works very well and is almost as fast as my Comcast Internet connection at home. It is a little slower than Comcast but not much. I did not go with Hughes satellite Internet as my brother had it and it was very slow. You might try wild blue if you are still looking.
    States visited with my Piper Challenger

Concur with Mike Switzer. Add any new technology you like BUT keep .pdf

Exactly. I have zero desire to have to rely on an app to read things. I may be a dinosaur but I like having something I can print out (if I so desire) or at very least save to the external hard drive which I use as a portable reference library.
    Unfortunately in science what you believe is irrelevant.

"I'm an old-fashioned Southern Gentleman. Which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-***** when I want to be."- Robert A. Heinlein.

The pdf won't be going anywhere. IF we are able to develop an app for it, it will be in addition to the pdf version.
    Chad Jensen
    EAA #755575

Chad,
    My iPad does not show the PDF icon for me to click on.
    Is it even possible to download and save on iPad?

Or do I need the desktop, as suggested in other thread?

p..s. every Experimenter says " download to iPad" .... But no instructions how to do it.

Unless something has changed with our software that I am unaware of, the desktop way is the only way I know of at this time. Where does it say "download to iPad"? I don't see that option anywhere in the email or on the Experimenter page...
    Chad Jensen
    EAA #755575

Chad,

this is from the EAA email:

The digital edition is fully compatible with most Web browsers, no special software is needed. You can also download a PDF for reading offline on your computer, laptop, or other mobile device.

Ah, yes, but the way to do that right now (without the app since it's not in development yet) is to do as mentioned above. Sorry for the confusion Bill.
    Chad Jensen
    EAA #755575