Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Opening Day Concert

Quote Originally Posted by kmacht View Post
    If EAA is really serious about attracting younger folks to aviation how about a band that someone under the age of 35 recognizes and listens to. I'm not saying that REO Speedwagon, Chicago, or Steve Miller aren't great bands just that they were in their prime years ago and don't resonate with younger folks. A popular country singer with recent hits would probably draw a much larger crowd with a mix of younger and older generations in my opinion.

Keith
    My daughter (19) really liked The Steve Miller Band last year, so don't give out hope fo the younger ones...

Peter Frampton was just on AXSTV...very good, would be very good to see there...

Saw Peter Frampton at Ravinia a couple of years ago. He does put on a good show and is definitely the right age/time period for our group. His between-songs conversation is excellent as well.

Somehow I don't think anything will be happening on opening night. An announcement would have surely come by now. A lot of things are going to be different with Airventure this year.

Provoshane, we were just in your fine city of Boerne, TX in February to visit my niece there. Very nice community and people. Thanks for the hospitality!
    Last edited by avinuts; 04-01-2013 at 03:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AV8NLVR View Post
    Somehow I don't think anything will be happening on opening night. An announcement would have surely come by now. A lot of things are going to be different with Airventure this year.
    I'm starting to wonder about that too. I'm sure that like many other airshows/fly-ins this year they are left scrambling to find replacements for all the military stuff. Not to mention that Mr. Hightower is now gone. I think they may have their plates full.

On top of replacements for the aircraft acts there's also that big, empty, new control tower to worry about

Quote Originally Posted by AV8NLVR View Post
    On top of replacements for the aircraft acts there's also that big, empty, new control tower to worry about
    Tower will be fully manned. If it's not, I'll buy you addmission for the week.

In a briefing given by knowledgeable people which I attended last week, it was said that the tower being opened and operational for AirVenture was not a sure thing.

EAA Staff

Oshkosh tower

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhemxpc View Post
    In a briefing given by knowledgeable people which I attended last week, it was said that the tower being opened and operational for AirVenture was not a sure thing.
    Well, we'd like to know who those knowledgeable people are. Because they're not correct. Who were you talking to? If you don't feel like sharing that contact on a public forum, feel free to email the info directly to me at communications@eaa.org. Thanks!