Thread: Devil talking

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Gday Bill,Your story reminds me of a friend of mine at the aero club who was doing his first solo nav exercise.The flight plan called for a 400 mile round trip approx in the days before sat nav.It was from Kalgoorlie in Western Australia straight out into the bush to a way point and turn west to another way point and then turn for home using the local beacon.It was all dead reckoning and map reading.Well about three quarter of an hour out the weather become rainy and overcast so he made the right decision and make a 180 and beat it for home.When he got back he was a little disconsolate about how he was going to have to do the nav exercise again but the CFI said that as he had made all the right choices he considered the the exercise had been passed.And this is what good flyers do ,make good decisions and choices because there is a pretty final outcome if you don't. Cheers Ross

Banned
    Bill, so glad you are able to tell us your story, well done. A cautionary tale for everyone who has ever had or will have gottogetthereitis disease. It also made me go to youtube to find that classic Flip Wilson routine "The Devil Made Me Do It." Funny as ever 45 years later.