Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: What are you Building?

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Becker View Post
    I'll get this started with my current project that I call a "Pirate Cub". Basically a scratch built super cub clone with doors on both sides.
    Attachment 3
    Any updates? Last date on the FB page is September.
    Jim Hann
    EAA 276294 Lifetime
    Vintage 722607
    1957 Piper PA-22/20 "Super Pacer"
    Chapter 32 member www.eaa32.org
    www.mykitlog.com/LinerDrivr
    Fly Baby/Hevle Classic Tandem

Mike in Fayetteville ncharleykitplane.comI am building 1seat pusher, Harley powered with B model Harley engine .After I taxi it, I hope to have a scaled down synergy wing on it..,Google; synergy wing and look at my web page typed above.910-257-7322

Beeeuuutiful, love the workmanship. I saw one at the Bayport aerodrome in bayport long island. No one wanted to fly it I hope you are using an engine with a bit more horsepower then the original. Maybe some cheating little ailerons. I spoke with Roy Hall, who was on the wright brothers 100 year aniversary project kept telling the qroup that they needed more horsepower then the original they were building untill they through him off.
    Joe

Proven powerplant for years, contact mag., issue #74... Also jack cox article, July 2002/page 56... Two current articles in Eaa experimenter magazine by Pat Panzera you can read in my web page under articles header..."harleykitplane.com"
    Last edited by Mike; 01-28-2012 at 06:37 AM.

Shop at home garage,35 foot climate controlled! As you see can build many of these with glass/foam or carbon/foam.
    Last edited by Mike; 01-28-2012 at 06:26 AM.

Takes 7 coats of wax on tooling molds before I can start layup for your new carbon pieces, then installed in factory jig in photo below to true cockpit.
    Last edited by Mike; 01-28-2012 at 06:32 AM.

As you see, gyro flyers are interested in farings for open cockpit and full enclosed gyro cockpits. You see storage of all tooling molds above.

Last edited by Mike; 02-11-2012 at 12:56 PM.

EAA Staff

Big Grin Plans address

Quote Originally Posted by conodeuce View Post
    Attachment 308

As mentioned in another thread, my ten-year-old son and I are building an Acey Deucy, which is sort of like a two-hole Baby Ace. We're constructing ribs now. I had no idea that cut spruce smelled so good.

To see a recent example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b61PlJsQ9HI
    Note that this particular 'Deuce was damaged at last spring's Sun 'n Fun. The builder, Ed Marerro, is making good progress on the repairs. He hopes to be flying next year.

When the designer of the Acey Deucy, Commander John Powell, passed away in 2008, new plan sets were no longer available. My set was one of the last to be issued by the late Commander -- it was a delight to speak with this fascinating veteran of various Pacific battles of WWII. Fortunately, his widow, Peg Powell, is now offering them for sale again for fifty bucks. Let me know if you would like her mailing address.
    Would you happen to have Peg's address? Looks like a fun flyer!

Re: Acey Deucy Plans Source .... I've updated my original posting (page 6 in this thread). But, for convenience, here is the mailing address for Commander Powell's widow, who is now providing the plans:

Plans are available for $55 ($50 for plans, $5 for postage) . Send check made out to Peg C. Powell at 4 Donald Drive, Middletown, Rhode Island 02840