Thread: Camp Scholler SW corner showers?

Camp Scholler SW corner showers?

I camped in Camp Scholler for the first time in five years. Prior years: Four in dorms, twenty in Camp Scholler. Arriving Thursday, an hour before dark, put me pretty far southwest -- near Cedar and 10th. I was farther from showers than I remember ever being. Seems to that the last time I was that far southwest, there was a shower trailer. I'm just curious, has there been anything like that in recent years?

Quote Originally Posted by dbarnes612 View Post
    Arriving Thursday, an hour before dark, put me pretty far southwest -- near Cedar and 10th. I was farther from showers than I remember ever being.
    The showers you refer to are at Elm and Stits and that's the only game in town for those in the SW. My usual camping spot is near Elm and the Sunset/Sunrise drainage ditch. We call it the Hwy 41 rest area.

We arrived monday afternoon and ended finding a campsite only about 50yds west of the showers next to the yellow store and there were plenty of spaces the next row up. On wednesday quite a few campers had packed up and left. We picked up our tent and carried it fully assembled to about 50ft from the showers. Could have gotten alot closer but wanted to have at least a couple of campers as a buffer zone between the showers night lights and noise and us. It was perfect. From where we were i could hit the bus stop, yellow store and the showers, of course, with a rock.

skeeter