Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So we're renting out flight line space now?

So we're renting out flight line space now?

I don't like this at all....

http://www.airventure.org/exhibitors/AV12_chalet_sellsheet.pdf
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Hmmm... First time I've seen this, but I haven't been scouring the EAA website thru all the rabbit holes for awhile.

My first reaction is "*sigh*", Oh well. But, looking at it pragmatically, I can see where there may have been some demand for it from the higher-eschelon vendors present at the event. Note that it's not EAA selling the luxury suites to members for a day or week. These are for VENDORS to entertain their guests.

At every major event, deals like these crop up. While most of us deal with the homebuilt/experimental side of EAA, there are those who attend to either buy or sell multi-million $$ hardware. When you're dealing with that level of customer, there's a certain amount of expected butt-kissing/schmoozing to be done.

It's the vendor's fault, not EAA's. That's my ignorant assumption, and I can sleep better thinking it. ;-)

Carl Orton
    Sonex #1170 / Zenith 750 Cruzer
    http://mykitlog.com/corton

push them-thair homebuilt contraptions out of the way an they'll have a lot of room to expand. It will be just like the Dayton Air Show!

Quote Originally Posted by martymayes View Post
    push them-thair homebuilt contraptions out of the way an they'll have a lot of room to expand. It will be just like the Dayton Air Show!
    Or the Blue Angels in Pensacola. You can't even see them march out to their airplanes unless you're one of the Chosen....

This wipes out a large part of the homebuilt parking.

While most of us deal with the homebuilt/experimental side of EAA, there are those who attend to either buy or sell multi-million $$ hardware. When you're dealing with that level of customer, there's a certain amount of expected butt-kissing/schmoozing to be done.
    What's nice is that if you're on the higher end of the homebuilt/experimental stuff (or at least willing to BS that line if you're not of the same inclination as myself and my compatriots), you can pick up some really great free swag, food, etc. NBAA had one places in basically that same area these last year and it was free Coke central. I got to watch Fifi leave the last day of the show from there. If it had not been for those chalets, I never would have been able to get a more or less unobstructed view of her run-up and take off.
    Last edited by steveinindy; 06-12-2012 at 06:00 PM.
    Unfortunately in science what you believe is irrelevant.

"I'm an old-fashioned Southern Gentleman. Which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-***** when I want to be."- Robert A. Heinlein.

This wipes out a large part of the homebuilt parking
    That's the only drawback, although I think this particular area was taken up for the past couple years by the same setup. But then again

That said, I wouldn't want my baby to be parked that close to show center in case one of the airshow birds loses control and it becomes Ramstein 1988 all over again. That or in case Mr. Roush tries to fly himself in again....either or....
    Last edited by steveinindy; 06-12-2012 at 03:37 PM.

"I'm an old-fashioned Southern Gentleman. Which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-***** when I want to be."- Robert A. Heinlein.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Timer View Post
    This wipes out a large part of the homebuilt parking.
    There's plenty of room for homebuilt parking.........in Fond Du Lac.

God bless you Marty. Always the perennial optimist!

There is a real nice airport in Rockford with plenty of parking for homebuilts...