Hi There, and welcome! It's been some time since I camped in the north 40 since I drive these days, but I have camped at the convention many times. As others have stated, know the NOTAM. It's not rocket science, just critical. Be prepared to divert to Appleton or Fon du Lac and use the bus service, should the field be full. It does happen... cash will get you most anything you need. I'd suggest whatever basic camping gear you can fit... tent, chairs, sleeping bags, flashlight / camp light / lantern. An air mattress will float and keep your bedding dry(er). You may wonder how I know that.... Absolutely believe everone's warnings about the range of weather to expect. Some years, heat stroke is an issue on the grounds. One year, I woke up with frost on the inside of the tent. One year, and one year only, there wasn't a deluge. Some sort of table, however small, is nice if you will eat at the plane. That starts getting complicated, though. A cooler is a very good idea for a cold beverage after the show. There are several entirely acceptable eateries within walking distance, however I believe the WalMart mentioned elsewhere has been closed for several years. If you are a coffee person, the ability to heat water is good as getting coffee first thing in the morning can be less than convenient. Long-life munchies, like granola bars, are handy to have around. A water bottle. Back pack. Flip-flops for the showers. A Zodiac is good, but a canoe will do. just kidding there, but shoes you don't mind getting muddy is a biggie. Likewise, an old bath mat makes a great door mat and helps keep the tent clean and dry.

I do use a gear list, but it evolves continuously. For example, we used to do a lot of cooking in the campground. These days, we'd rather soak up some airconditioning and let someone else do the work and clean-up.