Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best way for deburring drilled holes?

In the airlines we called these suicides You just chuck it up in a drill and go to town. But be very carefull and parctice on scrap first. hence the name suicide http://www.averytools.com/prodinfo.asp?number=59010 Mine are much better than avery's but I would look around at places like the yard and boeing surplus to get a really good one.. My tools are kind of like golf clubs. Certain ones for certain jobs

Hi:
    I was looking and could not find an answer to my question. I was looking at building a gyrocopter. The plans call for using 2" square tubing. They want you to drill 1/4" holes in the tube within .030 of the inside wall. I cannot see how you can deburr the hole properly on the side that is next to the wall. I have the tool that will work on the portion that is away from the wall, but I cannot see how to deburr next to the wall. It seems that you might damage the inside wall while trying to deburr this area. Any suggestions? Has anyone seen a video showing a possible solution to this deburring issue? Thank for your time and any suggestions in advance.

Here's a debur kit I bought... If there's a burr... Something in this box will take it out.
    https://www.amazon.com/NOGA-SP1007-Deburring-Set-Ring/dp/B005LH06FG/ref=sr_1_23?keywords=deburring+tool+set&qid=155299 1743&s=gateway&sr=8-23

Gotta Fly...

Last edited by planecrazzzy; 03-19-2019 at 08:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by amtp1 View Post
    Hi:
    I was looking and could not find an answer to my question. I was looking at building a gyrocopter. The plans call for using 2" square tubing. They want you to drill 1/4" holes in the tube within .030 of the inside wall. I cannot see how you can deburr the hole properly on the side that is next to the wall. I have the tool that will work on the portion that is away from the wall, but I cannot see how to deburr next to the wall. It seems that you might damage the inside wall while trying to deburr this area. Any suggestions? Has anyone seen a video showing a possible solution to this deburring issue? Thank for your time and any suggestions in advance.
    Sounds like the hole has almost a 32nd of an inch clearance....There's an edge to debur...if you use the proper tool.
    EVERYTHING doesn't have to be perfect... pick your battles.
    Success comes in Cans
    Gotta Fly...
    Last edited by planecrazzzy; 03-19-2019 at 08:15 AM.