Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Third Class Medical Exemption Request - Joint filing by EAA and AOPA

Jerry,
    I think that is part of the problem as to why more aren't commenting....they have gone the Sport Pilot route and figure it doesn't affect them so they don't need to 'waste their time' commenting. That and the issue I stated previously of the pilots that think 'it doesn't affect me' mentality also doesn't help the cause any. They are the one's that in a few years time will be kicking themselves in the butt and whining about why they can no longer fly their favorite bird just because of little weight issue. Reminds me of all the 150/152, Luscombe, etc. guys that ask why their steed can't be allowed to be flown under LSA yet they have no sympathy for the guys with other brands as long as THEIR plane is allowed. People in general are lazy until it personally relates to them and their pursuits. Ok, I'll quit rambling....this is just an issue I think is overly regulated for no reason other than because the "I say so" of the FAA.
    Keith

I did nine....... just a note to say I took the time to comment. I was a bit miffed after writing a carefully crafted letter it was truncated by the charactor limits. I did include a full comment on the attachment.

I think that is part of the problem as to why more aren't commenting....they have gone the Sport Pilot route and figure it doesn't affect them so they don't need to 'waste their time' commenting.
    This proposal doesn't help me much either but I still commented.

Reminds me of all the 150/152, Luscombe, etc. guys that ask why their steed can't be allowed to be flown under LSA yet they have no sympathy for the guys with other brands as long as THEIR plane is allowed.
    That sounds like a lot of the discussions about AirVenture on this forum to be quite honest.
    Unfortunately in science what you believe is irrelevant.

"I'm an old-fashioned Southern Gentleman. Which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-***** when I want to be."- Robert A. Heinlein.

is there a way to track the number of comments for the exemption?

I am for the proposal, and did file a comment.

However, for what's it's worth our favorite AME Bruce C. has written in the AOPA forums that this is DOA ....

I hope he is mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by snoskier1 View Post
    I am for the proposal
    I am not. And after a few years of Sport Pilot, seeing what I have I am against that also. Too many people saying "But I feel fine" and you can tell half of them because of their really poor radio skills & blatant disregard of the FARs.

I hope he is mistaken.
    I don't think he is. And I am 100% behind the CDL proposal that he has proposed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Switzer View Post
    I am not. And after a few years of Sport Pilot, seeing what I have I am against that also. Too many people saying "But I feel fine" and you can tell half of them because of their really poor radio skills & blatant disregard of the FARs.
    Please enlighten me....what part of the medical exam increases radio skills or regard for FARs??
    Cheers,
    Jerry

NC22375
    65LA out of 07N Pennsylvania

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Switzer View Post
    And after a few years of Sport Pilot, seeing what I have I am against that also. Too many people saying "But I feel fine" and you can tell half of them because of their really poor radio skills & blatant disregard of the FARs.

Half of all the pilots in this country fit that definition, sport pilot has nothing to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by rosiejerryrosie View Post
    Please enlighten me....what part of the medical exam increases radio skills or regard for FARs??
    I believe most doctors would be able to detect the loss of mental faculties that contribute to the problems I have witnessed.

Not that that would stop some people, like the guy that was flying SP without a BFR because he couldn't find a CFI that would fly with him.

...our favorite AME Bruce C. has written in the AOPA forums that this is DOA...
    Unique insight into FAA rulemaking, or wishful thinking by someone who makes his living issuing medical certificates?
    Eric Page
    Building: Kitfox 5 Safari | Rotax 912iS | Dynon HDX
    Member: EAA Lifetime, AOPA, ALPA
    ATP: AMEL | Comm: ASEL, Glider | ATCS: CTO
    Map of Landings