Thread: Tram Stops for EAA 2024

Tram Stops for EAA 2024

I noticed on the 2024 AirVenture Grounds Shuttle Map that their is a new tram line called Express Shuttle that takes you from the South 40 to the four corners. Does anyone have any information about this and other new possible tram stops?

Name:  Map1.jpg
Views: 1007
Size:  96.2 KB

The South Express was initiated last year and was quite popular with riders. I conducted on it several days. From the Yellow/Blue Tram terminal we made one stop at the North end of the Ultralight vendors area and then at the South 40 bus turnaround. NO other stops enroute. We won't know any changes for 2024 until Tram volunteer orientation on the Saturday before opening day.
    Last edited by CHICAGORANDY; 06-11-2024 at 11:13 PM.
    "Don't believe everything you see or read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by CHICAGORANDY View Post
    The South Express was initiated last year and was quite popular with riders. I conducted on it several days. From the Yellow/Blue Tram terminal we made one stop at the North end of the Ultralight vendors area and then at the South 40 bus turnaround. NO other stops enroute. We won't know any changes for 2024 until Tram volunteer orientation on the Saturday before opening day.
    Did it go out onto Knapp last year? I like the idea. I'm an EAA photographer and spend most of my time walking, but occasionally I want to jump on a tram. The biggest issue is people don't get off at the in-between stops, so an express tram sounds amazing!

Thanks for doing what you do!
    Jack Fleetwood | Aviation Photographer | EAA Lifetime Member 694416

I can tell you one thing, that tram stop on the yellow line heading south at the C hangar is just about useless. Trams coming from the north tram transfer terminal are always crammed full and nobody ever gets off at that stop so anybody waiting there to head south isn't able to get on. Maybe add one more tram to that line that runs more often?

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Fleetwood View Post
    Did it go out onto Knapp last year? I like the idea. I'm an EAA photographer and spend most of my time walking, but occasionally I want to jump on a tram. The biggest issue is people don't get off at the in-between stops, so an express tram sounds amazing!

Thanks for doing what you do!
    Yes, the South Express went from the Blue/Yellow terminal South along Knapp St just past the Ultralight Red Barn, East to Wittman Rd then South to the South 40 Bus turnaround. We won't know about any tram route changes/stops for 2024 until our orientation on Saturday the 20th, but I don't expect much deviation from last year..
    Last edited by CHICAGORANDY; 07-10-2024 at 05:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CHICAGORANDY View Post
    Yes, the South Express went from the Blue/Yellow terminal South along Knapp St just past the Ultralight Red Barn, East to Wittman Rd then South to the South 40 Bus turnaround. We won't know about any tram route changes/stops for 2024 until our orientation on Saturday the 20th, but I don't expect much deviation from last year..
    I guess I just missed it! Looking forward to jumping on it at least once this year.
    Jack Fleetwood | Aviation Photographer | EAA Lifetime Member 694416

EAA should have left the tram system the way it was originally set up, red and blue route. Express routes are a useless also. Always getting yelled at for not stopping at homebuilt pavilion on that express route and same for not stopping at red barn on that route. And don t get me started on changing tram stop sign locations every year.

Quote Originally Posted by skyfixer8 View Post
    EAA should have left the tram system the way it was originally set up, red and blue route. Express routes are a useless also. Always getting yelled at for not stopping at homebuilt pavilion on that express route and same for not stopping at red barn on that route. And don t get me started on changing tram stop sign locations every year.

I would agree that there is no need for a North Express tram. I've not worked it but have done the Purple often, there are regular stops at the North 40 turnaround, North 40 Shower/Store, Homebuilt Pavilion/Shower, Uber gate and then South End Turnaround. I will personally learn about any changes for this year in 8 days. I can state that every effort is made each year to continue the best possible free tram system serving the changing needs of more than 80,000 daily AirVenture visitors within obvious logistical limits and the available pool of volunteer workers on both shifts. 8:00 - 2:00 and 2:00- 8:00 every show day.