Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17

Thread: Dorm Rooms for AirVenture 2024

  1. #11

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    105
    Quote Originally Posted by PJZajkowski View Post
    I have been staying at the university dorms since 1991 (excluding 2020 of course). Making a reservation for AC rooms or the suites has gotten worse each year. In the last few years I have been making my reservation on the first day, first hour, first minute, first second that they take reservations. Now that does not work either. I need 2 AC rooms or one suite. I have one AC room. This may be my first year missing Airventure since 1988.

    The university says that the problem is a deficit of 18 million for the Oshkosh University and similar deficits for most of the other Wisconsin universities. So providing less rooms with help that!??
    Thanks for your reply. What a shame that it has come to this. Apart from camping on the airport grounds, which is difficult when travelling from Australia, the university accommodation was the most affordable and convenient. It was a great place to stay; I was with my 'tribe', the rooms were comfortable, food was good, I didn't need a hire car and a shuttle bus would transport me to/from the airport for five bucks a day.

  2. #12
    Gary.Sobek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    NC25
    Posts
    30
    Email arrived today from "EAA Housing" asking if I still wanted the room. I responded yes and the return email said: "You will shortly be receiving an email confirmation which includes a payment link for you to make the deposit payment online via credit card. This reservation is not confirmed until the deposit has been paid."
    Gary A. Sobek
    EAA Lifetime Member
    A&P, Homebuilder, Pilot

    When once you have tasted flight,
    you will forever walk the earth
    with your eyes turned skyward,
    for there you have been,
    and there you will always long to return.
    - Leonardo da Vinci

  3. #13

    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    52
    Anyone know when the parking permits will be available?


    BJC

  4. #14
    Gary.Sobek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    NC25
    Posts
    30
    Last year, for parking on campus had permits available to purchase when you checked in to get your room keys. IF you are talking about AirVenture Parking tickets, they are available online.
    Gary A. Sobek
    EAA Lifetime Member
    A&P, Homebuilder, Pilot

    When once you have tasted flight,
    you will forever walk the earth
    with your eyes turned skyward,
    for there you have been,
    and there you will always long to return.
    - Leonardo da Vinci

  5. #15
    Inspector Fenwick's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Springfield, MO
    Posts
    136
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeP View Post
    Thanks for your reply. What a shame that it has come to this. Apart from camping on the airport grounds, which is difficult when travelling from Australia, the university accommodation was the most affordable and convenient. It was a great place to stay; I was with my 'tribe', the rooms were comfortable, food was good, I didn't need a hire car and a shuttle bus would transport me to/from the airport for five bucks a day.
    I have always wondered why the local OSH Chapter did not offer to set up camps in Scholler as a fund raiser, or even one of the sub groups like Ultralights, or Vintage. Act as a consierge service. You just need a place to stay. You could find the Kiwi's and / or Aussies in their Scholler enclave. (They have human sacrifices on Monday and Thursday nights.....so I have heard.).
    Larry Nelson EAA 35011
    President EAA Chapter 821
    Springfield, MO
    PA 30 / Cessna 195

  6. #16

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    105
    Quote Originally Posted by Inspector Fenwick View Post
    ... (They have human sacrifices on Monday and Thursday nights.....so I have heard.).

  7. #17

    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary.Sobek View Post
    Last year, for parking on campus had permits available to purchase when you checked in to get your room keys. IF you are talking about AirVenture Parking tickets, they are available online.
    Thanks. They became available online shortly after I posted the question.


    BJC

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •