Thread: GAC Map Request

GAC Map Request

Can anyone provide a detailed map designated where the GENERAL AVIATION CAMPING areas are on the field? Not vintage, homebuilt or PARKING, just General Aircraft CAMPING.
    Thank You!

GAP and GAC aircraft would be directed by the marshals to either the North 40 or the South 40 depending on traffic at that time. School bus and tram service are available. Maps of the grounds are available off the EAA website.

"Aircraft Parking Updates and Reminders for AirVenture

Wittman Regional Airport becomes the world’s busiest airport for one week during EAA AirVenture Oshkosh, and that goes for the ground activity as well. As we approach the arrival period, a few reminders and updates regarding aircraft parking:
    Arrivals for General Aviation Parking (GAP) or General Aviation Camping (GAC) may be directed to either the North 40 or South 40 area. Both areas are open concurrently, so arrivals will be directed as traffic demands. Amenities have been added in the South 40 area, including shuttles, groceries, avgas, Uber/Lyft pickup and drop-off point, and more.
    Arriving aircraft are entitled only to their individual camping or parking site – no “saving sites” for others. Aircraft parking and camping is first-come, first-served, except in areas specifically designated by EAA for aircraft groups. This is true in all aircraft parking and camping areas.
    EAA also continues to develop additional aircraft parking areas for future years, to ensure all those who wish to land at Oshkosh have the opportunity to do so, and to accommodate development on the AirVenture grounds and elsewhere at Wittman Regional Airport.
    "Don't believe everything you see or read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

I wish EAA would publish a new map on camp grounds . Latest i see here is last years and I understand they just put in more electrical sites. Wonder if I will be staying on highway this year. Getting to be a long walk for old legs

I'm only good for a block or two of walking at a time now. It seems the Longer I am a member the further back I have to camp. We used to get breakfast at the chapter bldg in Scholler but it is to difficult to make the journey from the new shower bldgs.

Quote Originally Posted by psvinny View Post
    I'm only good for a block or two of walking at a time now. It seems the Longer I am a member the further back I have to camp. We used to get breakfast at the chapter bldg in Scholler but it is to difficult to make the journey from the new shower bldgs.
    Is a bicycle or even better an eBike out of the question? While you can't take either into the show, they can be a real help getting around Scholler. When we head into the show we ride ours up to a gate we normally enter through and chain them to the fence as there's no bike corral at that gate.
    Todd “I drink and know things” Stovall
    PP ASEL - IA
    RV-10 N728TT - Flying
    EAA Lifetime Member
    WAR DAMN EAGLE!

Were it not for my purchase of a stout mobility scooter a couple years ago, I wouldn't be able to attend AirVenture anymore.
    "Don't believe everything you see or read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln