Thread: Parking Sequence for GAC aircraft

Parking Sequence for GAC aircraft

Does anyone know what parking sequence EAA uses for arriving aircraft during the first segments (days)? Which areas "fill up" first? Is there a difference in aircraft landing on 27 or 36L&R as far as parking concerns there?

Thanks,
    NDAV8R

Speaking very generally and probably not covering the finer points, if you want GAC, that’s along the south side of 9-27. GAC usually fills east to west with a few exceptions like the Bonanza mass arrival (Cessna, Pipers as well) just so they can all camp together. Doesn’t matter if you land on 8-36; just a longer taxi. Make sure you have LEGIBLE parking signs so the volunteers can see where you want to go. Follow the notam. Can’t tell you how many times I had to stop a plane, walk up to it, just to see a person holding a sign written in ballpoint.

Carl Orton
    Sonex #1170 / Zenith 750 Cruzer
    http://mykitlog.com/corton

There is a slight change this year IAW the NOTAM: “GAP and GAC may place an additional sign with N or S to request North 40 or South 40. THESE REQUESTS ARE NOT GUARANTEED.”
    Todd “I drink and know things” Stovall
    PP ASEL - IA
    RV-10 N728TT - Flying
    EAA Lifetime Member
    WAR DAMN EAGLE!

[QUOTE=CarlOrton;87577 Can’t tell you how many times I had to stop a plane, walk up to it, just to see a person holding a sign written in ballpoint.[/QUOTE] I flew to AirVenture in 2021 with Both Signs in Place!Name:  osh.jpg
Views: 395
Size:  95.9 KB

If you’re a GA camper I would recommend going to the North 40. The South 40 is a relatively new area and is pretty spartan and way south. The Blue Line tram also tends to get hammered and getting a ride south can be vexing. Last year the area was mostly GA parking. Hopefully EAA will see fit to start putting in more infrastructure to make the South 40 more appealing.
    Dave Shaw
    EAA 67180 Lifetime
    Learn to Build, Build to Fly, Fly for Fun