Thread: Volunteer Admission

Volunteer Admission

I’m getting ready to purchase our tickets and camping for Airventure. I volunteered last year and was informed I would receive a weekly pass for this coming year, does anyone know when those come or if you receive an email confirmation prior?
    Thanks

I believe most areas are allowed to establish their own pickup protocols. As an example, I pick mine up the Saturday before opening day. If I can’t make it then, they’ll be at the museum. I don’t believe any areas mail them out, but I could be wrong. I also receive an email saying I should be allowed on the field to pick up my band. Sometimes the gate volunteers get a bit overzealous and balk at folks trying to get on field on Saturday.
    Last edited by CarlOrton; 05-15-2023 at 07:53 AM.

Carl Orton
    Sonex #1170 / Zenith 750 Cruzer
    http://mykitlog.com/corton

Quote Originally Posted by CarlOrton View Post
    I believe most areas are allowed to establish their own pickup protocols. As an example, I pick mine up the Saturday before opening day. If I can’t make it then, they’ll be at the museum. I don’t believe any areas mail them out, but I could be wrong. I also receive an email saying I should be allowed on the field to pick up my band. Sometimes the gate volunteers get a bit overzealous and balk at folks trying to get on field on Saturday.
    Isn't the field is open to all on Saturday? I was thinking Sunday is when they turn on the gate security.

Ha ha. Technically folks are walking around, but ( and this varies with the individual security volunteers ) for the most part “they” should only be folks who flew in and are getting credentials, setting up camping, and/or carting their stuff out the gate to go to their accommodations for the week. Yes, on Sunday, ya gotta have the wristbands. The whole idea of limiting folks on Saturday is to reduce the number of truck/golf carts hitting looky loo’s.

Carl Orton
    Sonex #1170 / Zenith 750 Cruzer
    http://mykitlog.com/corton

Quote Originally Posted by CarlOrton View Post
    Ha ha. Technically folks are walking around, but ( and this varies with the individual security volunteers ) for the most part “they” should only be folks who flew in and are getting credentials, setting up camping, and/or carting their stuff out the gate to go to their accommodations for the week. Yes, on Sunday, ya gotta have the wristbands. The whole idea of limiting folks on Saturday is to reduce the number of truck/golf carts hitting looky loo’s.
    I've never seen anyone ask on Saturday, and a couple of the gates are unstaffed on Saturday - the one that leads from the NW side of the field to Target and other shopping isn't/wasn't staffed at all on Saturday, and was often unstaffed during the week.