Thread: Polaroid Scrapbook and Bloody Marys

Polaroid Scrapbook and Bloody Marys

With Airventure just 76 days away, my wife and I (well mainly I) are starting to get pretty excited for this years fly-in convention. We've camped regularly in Camp Scholler for since 2015 and absolutely love it. We've kicked around the idea of having a Bloody Mary bar twice during the week to start a new tradition in the southern area of Camp Scholler. There's a lot of unique traditions, the Beer Coffin, the pancake breakfasts, the free beer for everyone excluding pilots of a daily chosen make of aircraft lol. Essentially we'd provide all the fixins for bloody marys and ask only that you take a polaroid picture to add to a scrapbook we'd start and have up there year after year, say a little bit about where you're from etc. We think this might be a fun way to interact with our fellow campers and aviation enthusiasts. This would all be free with donations for fixins welcome but not mandatory. For kids stopping by we'd have juice and soda available too.

My question would be, would anyone be interested in this? And if so, what time of day is preferable? I understand Bloody Mary's are seen as a morning drink, but I kind of think it would be better suited for two days during the convention after the airshow for around 2 hours. Just an idea we had, any thoughts or comments would be appreciated!

We would! Having a nice Bloody Mary would be a great change of pace for us.
    Todd “I drink and know things” Stovall
    PP ASEL - IA
    RV-10 N728TT - Flying
    EAA Lifetime Member
    WAR DAMN EAGLE!

Hope to see you there, I'll post on here again when we figure out what day(s) we'll do it.

I've been camping in Scholler most years since 1993. I'd definitely take you up on the Bloody Mary at the end of the day - if that's how it works out. The last few years we've been just west of the middle shower house on Stits. I think the Red One Market Southwest is also there now. I'll check back here to see how it goes.
    Thanks for the offer,
    Wes

Count me in for this and perhaps a couple of my fellow campers for at least one day.

Past owner of the Piper Pub, L
    No matter how far you push the envelope; its still stationary!

Sounds fun !
    Let me know if I can bring a fixin ... sausage sticks ?

Mark
    Madison, WI