Thread: Thread emails

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thread emails

Anyone got any idea why it's taking almost 4 months to get an email about a thread update? I've been getting emails lately about thread updates from December 2022 and January 2023. I just got the email about a new post in a thread, that was posted 5 Jan of this year. WTF?

EAA Staff / Moderator Hal Bryan's Avatar
    Hi Craig -

I haven't seen any other reports of this, but we'll look into it and test it out.

Thanks for the heads up -

Hal

Hal Bryan
    EAA Lifetime 638979
    Vintage 714005 | Warbirds 553527
    Managing Editor
    EAA—The Spirit of Aviation

Hal: I can shoot you a couple of them with full headers if you need them.

Hal: Any luck on this subject? I just got a bunch of emails about posts from way back in February.

EAA Staff / Moderator Hal Bryan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigCantwell View Post
    Hal: Any luck on this subject? I just got a bunch of emails about posts from way back in February.
    Hi Craig - sorry for the delay, and thanks for the reminder. We don't have anybody focused full time on the forums at the moment, so I just didn't get a chance to look at it until this weekend. I did the equivalent of "turning it off and back on again", disabling and then resetting all email functionality.

I also turned off email batching, which may well be the key - apparently, for non-urgent emails (things like password recovery are considered urgent), the system waits until it has some number of emails queued up before sending them. The (limited) documentation I've found says that this can cause delays on sites without much traffic, and this one surely qualifies. I would think that "delays" would mean hours or a day, and not three-plus months, but we'll see. Please let me know if you notice any difference over the next few days.

Thanks!

Hal

Hal Bryan
    EAA Lifetime 638979
    Vintage 714005 | Warbirds 553527
    Managing Editor
    EAA—The Spirit of Aviation