I thought that "FLAK" would be best recognized but "bumpey air" would be too civil and my specific expertise of "geodetic instinct" would cause groans. The PHDs in my era believed in jinking and the strategically involved insisted on flying high in daylight and straight. My youth when attacked by bullies led to me hiding out in the County Road Commission garage where the mechanics welcomed me among the Austin-Western graders and the Walter and one "morphendike" obsolete Duplex dump truck. Keeping the dirt roads dressed and cleared of snow was critical. If today you found yourself needing an emergency landing site you might wish that my simulator had had a feel for the total random movement of the aircraft and not just the flight path and hands and foot control experience. The truck driver who delivered my first bicycle with a 3 speed gear shift later I found conversant about his experience as a gunner on a Navy ship in the Pacific with a quad 20mm against Japanese dive bombers and torpedo planes. Whoa! at the University I took math classes in Engineering from the author of Operational Mathematics, Fourier Series, Complex variables and later found during WW-II he was in a training squadron for and anti-aircraft battery in Laredo, Texas. No wonder I was landing in a brand new BONANZA Airlines DC-9 at Las Vegas to meet the Nellis aviators who flew the two seat F-100s and F-105s that performed Electronic Counter Measures (ECM) and had 100 or two 100 mission patches. In my pocket was takeoff and landing data for DC-9 and also an F-4C. That led to a trip to Shaw AFB in Sumpter, SC to meet the RB-66 people that had potential competitors at Davis-Monthan in the modifiable state. The nuclear developed very low and then pop up delivery tactics of the cold war and the U-2 at 70,000 feet had very different turbulence experiences. So, in 2016 when I flew from Texas to England non-stop in a British Airways 787-9 to visit the baronial Stoners I was surprised that the carbon fiber stiffness and active flight controls gave me a bumpiness in the night not so different than in a 707 that blew an oil cooler passing Denver one day. Her at EAA I would have liked to say that I preferred the BD-5J to the Papa Mustang and composite fuselage did not mean Glasair. But I couldn't. One night in the dark of the moon in the Mojave I found I could not really use my expertise with berms on private property where a sharp edged flood cut or a bulldozer obstacle all I could do with my companions was show my dust so they could lay down. When I go walking nowadays in the rain I have a camouflaged British Special Boat Forces hat that I first saw on combat reporters in Viet Nam. In flags today, POW is loss based on John McCain and his A-4 and Israeli is win based on the A-4N. In German "gerade aus! Immer, gerade aus! In Swedish, sadly, I don't yet have a T-7 framed on my wall, just two A-4J Skyhawks which I told R.G.Smith's daughter at Tailhook represent Carroll and Angus.